Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2022) PF Malik Reneau to INDIANA

I'm not sure why, but even if IU loses Trayce I feel the program will be fine. I obviously want him back. But I get the feeling if he does declare they are going to go after Malik Reneau hard. If Race leaves put Geronimo in his spot. Program still needs to get a consistent shooter. 

I'm not sure why, but even if IU loses Trayce I feel the program will be fine. I obviously want him back. But I get the feeling if he does declare they are going to go after Malik Reneau hard. If Race leaves put Geronimo in his spot. Program still needs to get a consistent shooter. 

If Reneau is 6’7”, he’s going to have a tough time as a 5 in the B1G. Curious if he can handle Dickinson, Edey, Cockburn. But Trayce couldn’t either.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

26 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I like how he plays. Smart player. I didn’t like how the announcers kept referring to him as 6’7”. He’s definitely a post player. Hopefully he gains another couple inches.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

His Rival page says he’s 6-9, 225

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2022/malik-reneau-268955

Yeah, that’s why when the announcers kept talking about him being 6’7” and a post player, and being a little undersized because I’ve always seen him listed bigger. Not sure who is right.

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, that’s why when the announcers kept talking about him being 6’7” and a post player, and being a little undersized because I’ve always seen him listed bigger. Not sure who is right.

Never seen Hood-Schifino or Reneau up close, but I have been up close with Tarris Reed from Link Academy. He’s a legit 6’10” and certainly looked to have 2-3 inches on Reneau. Guessing 6’7” and some change is about right.

On 4/2/2022 at 7:34 PM, HoosierFan1994 said:

I wish I had your optimism. Medium to long term I'm holding out hope, but right now, next year without TJD looks very bleak to me. Who is gonna score? I know there is a long way to go this off-season so not giving up, but IU struggled mightily with an excellent scorer and defender in the post. Experience has made me very skeptical that losing him will be made up (and improved hopefully) by a combination of Freshmen, off-season improvements, or mid-level transfers.  

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

Doesn't even mention Miami as a team to watch for. Interesting

It says Miami in the article title but not in the teams to watch, definitely strange. Almost seems like the author slipped up and said Florida State instead of Miami. 

1 minute ago, BtownStrength said:

It says Miami in the article title but not in the teams to watch, definitely strange. Almost seems like the author slipped up and said Florida State instead of Miami. 

Yeah I noticed that. Who knows 

I know this school is different but what I’m happy about with JHS and Maybe Malik is that they are coming from a winning program. Even at the high school level I like it. Hulls, Zeller, and Yogi all won IHSAA championships. I think Oladipo played at a successful high school too.  

43 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I know this school is different but what I’m happy about with JHS and Maybe Malik is that they are coming from a winning program. Even at the high school level I like it. Hulls, Zeller, and Yogi all won IHSAA championships. I think Oladipo played at a successful high school too.  

Some kids know how to play, some know how to win. I'll take the winning kids as you said any day.