Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2022) PF Malik Reneau to INDIANA

Would love this addition for a lot of reasons.  Seems to fit Race/Banks spot more than TJD however, but this would be a great one.  Would counter our Trey Kaufman miss from 2 years ago.  I’m not going to lie, college Free Agency goes against what I want from college sports, but it certainly makes fun off seasons for fans. 

1 hour ago, JSHoosier said:

43% from 3 would be nice.  50% at the line fits the rest of the team.

Keep in mind that 43% was an extemely small sample on 3s and actually so was the FT % since he only attempted 20 in the 14 games I have with complete game stats.

As someone else mentioned Montverde and several other of the basketball factories could more than hold their own against some college teams with the talent they have on their rosters.  @Demo correct  me if I'm way off base but IMO Reneau was at best Montverde's 3rd scoring option and maybe it's 4th.  Scoring simply wasn't in his job description with the other talent on the court.   

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

How many times last year could we have used this?

Reneau is a high-motor rebounder who sprints the floor and finds a way to make plays. The lefthander does most of his scoring right now around the basket, including taking his man off the dribble, but he can make jump shots.  He is regarded as a high basketball IQ, team-oriented player. Reneau has good length, has a strong physique, and he is an above average athlete.

10 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Keep in mind that 43% was an extemely small sample on 3s and actually so was the FT % since he only attempted 20 in the 14 games I have with complete game stats.

As someone else mentioned Montverde and several other of the basketball factories could more than hold their own against some college teams with the talent they have on their rosters.  @Demo correct  me if I'm way off base but IMO Reneau was at best Montverde's 3rd scoring option and maybe it's 4th.  Scoring simply wasn't in his job description with the other talent on the court.   

Yeah, I read most of his scoring is around the basket right now.

26 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Correct. They run a lot of high ball screens with Reneau as a roll man but no actual sets for him. They also run some 4 out motion with Reneau in the dunker spot, but, again, he’s just a finisher. 

34 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

How many times last year could we have used this?

Reneau is a high-motor rebounder who sprints the floor and finds a way to make plays. The lefthander does most of his scoring right now around the basket, including taking his man off the dribble, but he can make jump shots.  He is regarded as a high basketball IQ, team-oriented player. Reneau has good length, has a strong physique, and he is an above average athlete.

He sounds like TJD except for making jump shots.

12 hours ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Thedailyhoosier article makes IU sound almost like a no brainer compared to the other schools in his top 7

Just curious why you would think that?  Memphis is a popular destination and almost beat Gonzaga last weekend.  Miami is his hometown and is in the sweet 16 with a very respected coach.  Arkansas seems to be on the rise and is also in the sweet 16.  I’d love for it to happen but I give it less than 5% chance.

1 hour ago, 94Bulldog said:

Just curious why you would think that?  Memphis is a popular destination and almost beat Gonzaga last weekend.  Miami is his hometown and is in the sweet 16 with a very respected coach.  Arkansas seems to be on the rise and is also in the sweet 16.  I’d love for it to happen but I give it less than 5% chance.

Few of the teams have 1 of more pfs coming in, seton hall is getting a new coach, ect 

Although we did make his final 7 the first time, he may well have waved us off when we contacted him again after his decommit and let us know wants to stay in the southeast.   Be great to have him come to IU, but this is not a recruit we've been hanging on the edge of our seats waiting for his decision as we did with TJD, Cody or Romeo.