Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - Liam McNeeley to UConn

6 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Self is the best recruiter in the game today. Missed out on a top target to Miami(Bethea)  and on the same day Bethea is on an official at Miami he visits Philon and lays ground work to steal him away from others.    Did the same with Bidunga.   Now laying groundwork with Passmore after it looks like his other top target is going elsewhere.   Someone was getting Selfed so glad it looks like it won’t be Indiana.   Best in the business 

Absolutely. Self and Norm Roberts are bada$$. Woody and staff beating them for 2 guys in 6 months would be a hell of an accomplishment. 

Absolutely. Self and Norm Roberts are bada$$. Woody and staff beating them for 2 guys in 6 months would be a hell of an accomplishment. 
Agreed. Win 2 head to head recruiting battles against KU and you gain some serious clout. Now you still have to produce or it's all for naught but would still be some big boy status in the recruiting game.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

On 9/26/2023 at 8:20 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I stand by the reservation that we need to present to McNeeley to have a good enough class to be nationally relevant. Self isn’t giving in despite Trilly Donovan’s confidence. I think we need to convince Queen too. Besides Boogie, no one really left to build out the class in the fall.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I’ve been thinking about your stance a couple of days, and you may well be right.  However, he has to also know that by committing, he could be the reason other top players subsequently choose IU.  Does he want to be a leader or a follower?  The truth is there’s approx 16 freshmen a year that make it to the final 4, and regardless how stacked the team is, doesn’t ensure anything.  Too many variables, injuries, matchups, etc.   Last year UConn had 2 impact frosh that played significant minutes, and Florida Atlantic had 1 guard off the bench.  His odds of playing in the final 4 are slim regardless of which school he chooses.

7 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

Is this legit? Check the background pics in Liam's instagram story/post. https://x.com/kp_kelli/status/1707528919195251045?s=20 

So, the Insta post is by Cerebro Sports, a player development and recruiting analysis website. And yes, the picture is unaltered; it has Liam with the two IU framed photos in the background.

Cerebro Sports 'tagged' McNeeley with the image. My question is - did Liam McNeeley re-post it in his Insta story? If so, it's a pretty telling item. But if it''s merely an item that was tagged to him, not nearly as much.

So, the Insta post is by Cerebro Sports, a player development and recruiting analysis website. And yes, the picture is unaltered; it has Liam with the two IU framed photos in the background.
Cerebro Sports 'tagged' McNeeley with the image. My question is - did Liam McNeeley re-post it in his Insta story? If so, it's a pretty telling item. But if it''s merely an item that was tagged to him, not nearly as much.
Yes, that's a repost on Liam's IG story by Liam himself

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, Hollywood Mike Miranda said:

Yes, that's a repost on Liam's IG story by Liam himself emoji106.png

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Then later removed I believe 

Yes, can verify Liam did repost it, and he’s now removed it from his story, but the original post is still there.

1 hour ago, go iu bb said:

No doubt Woody will be balanced:

He will mention that

• we have a scholarship and likely a starting position waiting for Liam next year, but that
  • Kansas has an extra scholarship spot open for Liam to reclass now, because Arterio Morris has been arrested for a rape committed in the Kansas players' dorm.

No doubt Woody will be balanced.
He will mention that
  • we have a scholarship and likely a starting position waiting for Liam next year, but that
  • Kansas has an extra scholarship spot open for Liam to reclass now, because Arterio Morris has been arrested for a rape committed in the Kansas players' dorm.
Don't we also have on open scholly available this year?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk