Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ O$U - 2/21/22 @ 7:00 on FS1-TV

6 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

TJD with another game that he couldn’t decide if here was present or somewhere in lala land! I wanted to through my remote through the tv when he was in the middle of his free throw streak just smiling! What’s there to smile about? Make 1 more freebie and no overtime! 

This is when I turned it off. If they don't care why should we as fans? It's not cheap to attend a game at Assembly Hall....again, this is what losing programs do. Imagine if a player did that with Knight, Keady, Izzo, Coach K....I've also said this before. Trayce is our Dak Prescott (I'm a Cowboys fan). He dominates against weaker competition but struggles against even matchups. Good luck to him in the future but I don't see him having a long NBA career unless he improves.  

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

It’s a shame we hired him to help woody and woody thinks he knows who can advise him better. 

It’s crazy that Woody isn’t listening to Matta or literally any of his three assistants. And not crazy in the sense that I don’t believe it, but rather crazy in that it’s insane he’s doing it. His in-game decisions are that of a stubborn coach, I guess he’s stubborn off the court as well. Dude has never been a college coach before and he’s ignoring the guys with the college experience? Smh.

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

That’s all there’s been. That’s why I am predicting it.  We hire a good coach and my tune will change right away.  

No one believes that. Just ask anyone. You are never a glass half full guy. You need drama. I’ve had at least 5 people DM saying that about you and others. It’s true 

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

As they say, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas. 

Still, I can't help but wonder where we'd be now had one of two things happened ... 

1) We done a proper search after Davis' interim year and found -- whomever. Davis had a good season, and it might not have been good optics to let him go and it may not have been the "right" thing to do -- but it would've been the smart thing to do. He was a nice, decent man, but was in no way, shape or form, prepared to take on a job the magnitude of IU -- despite the FF (where he beat Sampson -- LOL). Hell, when he was a Knight assistant, he interviewed for the Delaware job -- and didn't get it. 

2) We hired Beilein instead of Sampson. I'm pretty sure I read -- probably here -- that we had him locked and loaded before Herbert stepped in and wanted Sampson hired. Of course later on, he denied that he ordered that -- but what else is he gonna say? 

I was a kid when Davis was our coach but I remember asking my dad why Indiana was going to part ways with him. They just went to the tournament and had some momentum. Sampson didn't bring in all those kids he won with either. It was Mike Davis. I felt IU should've gave him another few years. 

2 minutes ago, Trish said:

I think we all probably know Dane will be our next head coach.

Which I’m 100% supportive of. 

Dane barely made it through the summer with his screwups in recruiting. He thought he was fired

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Stay the course. We have many good basketball minds around to figure this out. If not try again in a few years.

I still find it crazy that fife isn't more active in gameplanning. I think a lot of people were inder the impression that he would take over the reins after Woody had gone

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I was a kid when Davis was our coach but I remember asking my dad why Indiana was going to part ways with him. They just went to the tournament and had some momentum. Sampson didn't bring in all those kids he won with either. It was Mike Davis. I felt IU should've gave him another few years. 

Because we were racist and didn’t like a black coach taking over for Knight. The letters & emails he received was embarrassing.

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

As they say, if ifs and buts were candy an nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas. 

Still, I can't help but wonder where we'd be now had one of two things happened ... 

1) We done a proper search after Davis' interim year and found -- whomever. Davis had a good season, and it might not have been good optics to let him go and it may not have been the "right" thing to do -- but it would've been the smart thing to do. He was a nice, decent man, but was in no way, shape or form, prepared to take on a job the magnitude of IU -- despite the FF (where he beat Sampson -- LOL). Hell, when he was a Knight assistant, he interviewed for the Delaware job -- and didn't get it. 

2) We hired Beilein instead of Sampson. I'm pretty sure I read -- probably here -- that we had him locked and loaded before Herbert stepped in and wanted Sampson hired. Of course later on, he denied that he ordered that -- but what else is he gonna say? 

Those are some good ones. It really all started with Davis, the dumb idea to make them co-coaches then to extend Davis. Kept him too long. Been a compounding of errors since then.

Ironically, hiring Archie was probably the most competent search and netted us a promising young coach and he worked out the worst. Because the search was normal we wrapped it up before Holtman became available.  

I think it’s mostly incompetence, but possibly a little snakebitten too. 

Just now, wirenuts said:

I still find it crazy that fife isn't more active in gameplanning. I think a lot of people were inder the impression that he would take over the reins after Woody had gone

Fife has had a lot of screw ups already in recruiting 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

No one believes that. Just ask anyone. You are never a glass half full guy. You need drama. I’ve had at least 5 people DM saying that about you and others. It’s true 

Lol Kay.  Keep pretending your an insider when was the last time you were right. Just desperate for people to keep listening to you 

Just now, Chris007 said:

Because we were racist and didn’t like a black coach taking over for Knight. The letters & emails he received was embarrassing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the 03-04 and 04-05 teams have injuries? Which is why they missed the tournament. At the time it snapped a long streak of getting in the tournament. 

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the 03-04 and 04-05 teams have injuries? Which is why they missed the tournament. At the time it snapped a long streak of getting in the tournament. 

Yes you are correct and Mike used to say crazy stuff. “Help is on the way” things like that. But he knew matchups and how to get your best player shots. Plus he just wanted to win. He would play whoever gave him a chance white or black 

Just now, Chris007 said:

Fife has had a lot of screw ups already in recruiting 

yeah I saw where I was kinda late to the party on my comment. My apologies. 

If he is the assumed head coach in waiting I would think he would be recruiting less anyways and making more gameplans