Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

My roster guess next season

1 X

2 Rob

3 JHS

4 Galloway

5 Bates

6 Gunn

7 Leal

8 Banks

9 Geronimo

10 Durr

11 Race

12 Logan

13 either a portal guy or another freshman

You and numerous others around here have a far better sense of the local pulse, but it really never crossed my mind that either X or Race would come back. And, truthfully, I don’t see what purpose it would serve for either of them. Have also thought Durr would probably go and Duncomb might well be compelled to do so. So, I guess I’m expecting a far more aggressive roster re-shaping than most.

14 minutes ago, Demo said:

You and numerous others around here have a far better sense of the local pulse, but it really never crossed my mind that either X or Race would come back. And, truthfully, I don’t see what purpose it would serve for either of them. Have also thought Durr would probably go and Duncomb might well be compelled to do so. So, I guess I’m expecting a far more aggressive roster re-shaping than most.

So Race can transfer without sitting, along with Duncomb but X and Durr would have to sit out a year if they transfer. But X & Race both could be the focal point next season so why not come back. Just my two cents

14 minutes ago, Demo said:

Not saying they will come back, but I disagree with this thought. It's D1 college basketball at the highest level, would you just up and walk away from it? I know it would take a lot for me to leave.

They don't have NBA potential and will immediately be overseas. Tons of players will use their COVID year because they love being in college and playing basketball. 

11 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Not saying they will come back, but I disagree with this thought. It's D1 college basketball at the highest level, would you just up and walk away from it? I know it would take a lot for me to leave.

They don't have NBA potential and will immediately be overseas. Tons of players will use their COVID year because they love being in college and playing basketball. 

Also, add in a chance at making 75-100K while getting your master's degree. 

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

And, overseas basketball may or may not be scary, but to a 21 year old it sure seems scary right now.

Miller Kopp will probably return. Doubtful any other school as prominent as IU would be interested. Woodson seems to like him. I think Kopp will want another year to show that he's a better shooter than he showed this season.

Xavier Johnson will return. He's just starting to take off as a player. He could be really good with one more year.

I'm not sure why Race would return. Six years at the same school? Maybe if he thinks his role would be enhanced. But the team is not likely to be as good next year as this season. Why not go to Europe and make some money?

Kristian Lander seems to be the odd guy out at point guard if Xavier and Rob Phinisee remain. Too bad. He wasn't ready his first year and apparently not this year either. In a couple of years, though, he could have a prominent role but unlikely he will wait to find out.

TJD never learned how to shoot. But he doesn't seem to want to wait another year to try to develop in college. 

9 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Two things:

1. Your wild guess would truly and definitively be the worst case scenario.
  2. Your final roster (taking into account who you think will leave) only has nine scholarship players.

As long as Al Durham isn't here everything is cool.

I don’t pay attention to recruiting, so I have no idea what he was supposed to do according to some.  

From my perspective, I’m fairly high on him because he’s the type of player you need in your roster to eventually be successful.  He’s long, fairly athletic and decently skilled. He can get his own shot and handle the rock and then guard multiple positions on the floor at the other end of the court.  

That’s what I’m saying though. You say that he can get his own shot, handle the rock and guard multiple positions. I didn’t see a hint of that this season. Yeah, maybe he did vs Northern Illinois or Merrimack.

What did he do to make you think all this? I know he’s just a freshman but damn. I saw a bit of selfishness in the kid, he’ll probably grow out of that. I’m most certainly not giving up on him bc he is so young, confident and athletic. We’ll see!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

13 hours ago, yogisballin said:

That’s what I’m saying though. You say that he can get his own shot, handle the rock and guard multiple positions. I didn’t see a hint of that this season.

Go back and watch the second half of OSU or the MSU game. He played decent early on against Nebraska.   

You can clearly see he can get his own shot off against B1G level athletes in those games. His play, and thus minutes, was very inconsistent. But again, I would expect that from a freshman. If he works hard in the off-seasons he could be a nice player for us. 

Well season is over. I am hoping for a lot of the older guys to move on and give room for a revamp of the roster. i was hoping Race would stay, but honestly I am thinking it’s time to let Jordan have all of his minutes and find a TJD replacement. 

i hope….

1. X 

2. JHS

3. Bates/transfer

4. Geronimo

5. TJD or transfer (more likely)

Bench

TG

AL

KB

CG

LD

fill in the rest with transfers 

Rob, Race, Miller, Parker, Mike thanks for your time as Hoosiers. 

This will prob be totally off, but just my opinion right now 

25 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Well season is over. I am hoping for a lot of the older guys to move on and give room for a revamp of the roster. i was hoping Race would stay, but honestly I am thinking it’s time to let Jordan have all of his minutes and find a TJD replacement. 

i hope….

1. X 

2. JHS

3. Bates/transfer

4. Geronimo

5. TJD or transfer (more likely)

Bench

TG

AL

KB

CG

LD

fill in the rest with transfers 

Rob, Race, Miller, Parker, Mike thanks for your time as Hoosiers. 

This will prob be totally off, but just my opinion right now 

I take it you think Lander will leave, he's not listed.  Admittedly, I wouldn't be surprised although I'd like to see him stick it out and see how he develops.

2 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I take it you think Lander will leave, he's not listed.  Admittedly, I wouldn't be surprised although I'd like to see him stick it out and see how he develops.

I do. I’m fine if he stays, but I’m in a I’ll believe it when I see it with him. Hope he proves me wrong! 

Yeah we need 5 or 6 to leave. If we only have 3 leave (possibly TJD, Race & Stewart). Next year will be rough. It will be no inside game along with no shooting. If we thought our offense was bad during games this year it will be worst next. At least we had an inside game this year.

On 3/9/2022 at 11:23 AM, IUc2016 said:

De’ron Davis and DeVonte Green both had that option.  They didn’t stay nor use their fifth year.  Lots of players that could have used an extra year chose not to.

Just my opinion…,I think you are going to see a lot of schools that have players that want to continue playing but the school they transferred to does not want them to stay around.  I am willing to bet the NCAA is going to allow a lot of ‘individual cases’ to transfer again with no penalty.

4 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

De’ron Davis and DeVonte Green both had that option.  They didn’t stay nor use their fifth year.  Lots of players that could have used an extra year chose not to.

No they did not have that option. The tournament was canceled but the ncaa did not grant those seniors another year. 

of course some will move on that’s not my point. you do realize there were quite a few 5th/6th year guys this year? Those guys weren’t ready to move on from playing College ball