Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

1 hour ago, BtownStrength said:

Good to hear, honestly. If he doesn't fit, let's find someone who does. You see Rob staying for 1 more year? 

I hope so but that’s just cause I really like Rob as a person. His freshman year I introduced him to my wife & son, he was so nice to them. 

1 hour ago, Five Prime said:

Honest question - does this actually happen in high level athletics?  Promises for playing time?  I'd like to think you put your best team on the floor period which would be generally understood as the way by all competitive athletes.  Would a team be OK with promises made to a player for X amount of playing time when there is a clearly better option available?

I think it does, a lot in recruiting for sure.

Woof. Got a lot of work to do to build a top 25 roster. We keep finishing 7-11 in the B1G and as far as I see it, that’ll continue. Roster projects to have absolutely massive holes with Shooting, Athleticism (somewhat), and most Importantly BIGs. So ever-loving depressing.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I hope so but that’s just cause I really like Rob as a person. His freshman year I introduced him to my wife & son, he was so nice to them. 

I know we are not supposed to read anything into it, but he didn't speak at SR. night.  So he probably wants to stay.  

42 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

I know we are not supposed to read anything into it, but he didn't speak at SR. night.  So he probably wants to stay.  

He said he hasn't decided and didn't want to give a Senior speech if he was leaving the door open.

5 hours ago, vemmeistars said:

My guess:

PG: JHS, Phinisee, Transfer or X

SG/SF: Galloway, Bates, Leal, Gunn, Transfer

PF/C: Geronimo, Banks, Transfer, Duncomb, New Freshman

That 2,3,4,5 lineup doesn’t give me the warm and fuzzies from the perimeter or underneath. If you are correct, in regards to the roster, Bates better make a quantum leap and we need the 2 transfers to be home runs which is a tall order.

Do we know who all can transfer out? Did Kopp graduate from NW and then transfer if so then he still has his COVID transfer. After that, the only ones who can would be 

Rob, Race, Leal, TJD, Galloway, Lander, JG, Bates

Everyone else can transfer but they would have to sit out a year. Is that Correct?

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Do we know who all can transfer out? Did Kopp graduate from NW and then transfer if so then he still has his COVID transfer. After that, the only ones who can would be 

Everyone else can transfer but they would have to sit out a year. Is that Correct?

With guys that have already transferred, there's also the very inconsistent NCAA immediate eligibility waiver process to consider.

On 3/3/2022 at 6:53 PM, Hovadipo said:

Yes. Do coaches stick to their promises? Ask the transfer portal that question. 

imo the players don't keep their end of it anywhere close to what the coaches do. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

imo the players don't keep their end of it anywhere close to what the coaches do. 

No question. Maybe (!) 5% of portal players are a result of falling for a false promise, I'd guess. Otherwise, they're homesick, feelings hurt, think they're better than they are, etc.

4 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I believe Stewart can still transfer without sitting out. He came in with immediate eligibility but I believe that was either as a graduate transfer or he got a hardship waiver since his father had just passed away. It was also before the rule was passed so he should be able to move to another school with immediate eligibility.

I don't know about Kopp, that's a good question. I assumed he used the free transfer but I don't really know. 

Johnson and Durr both used their free transfer.

1 minute ago, go iu bb said:

I believe Stewart can still transfer without sitting out. He came in with immediate eligibility but I believe that was either as a graduate transfer or he got a hardship waiver since his father had just passed away. It was also before the rule was passed so he should be able to move to another school with immediate eligibility.

I don't know about Kopp, that's a good question. I assumed he used the free transfer but I don't really know. 

Johnson and Durr both used their free transfer.

Stewart got his bachelor's and master's from UT Martin so yes he was a grad transfer. 

10 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

No question. Maybe (!) 5% of portal players are a result of falling for a false promise, I'd guess. Otherwise, they're homesick, feelings hurt, think they're better than they are, etc.

Or want to play instead of sit.  I don't blame a kid for wanting to go somewhere they fit better.  

12 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I think Kopp was a Junior at NW so 1 more year of eligibility at IU or Transfer and sit a year.

52 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Or want to play instead of sit.  I don't blame a kid for wanting to go somewhere they fit better.  

Kids often don't know where they fit. They thought they fit their 1st choice.