Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

No.

Childress is 6’6” and got in the game we only had two guards on the roster. 

That same game we had Trayce, Race, Kopp, and Jordan as bigs.

Sorry if my sarcasm didn’t come through. I was replying to him saying that Logan got surpassed by a walk on. When that wasn’t true in the slightest. So I totally agree

should have added dws 

6 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Sorry if my sarcasm didn’t come through. I was replying to him saying that Logan got surpassed by a walk on. When that wasn’t true in the slightest. So I totally agree

should have added dws 

I shouldn’t have posted that response to your post because you weren’t the one that said it seriously!

9 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Nobody mentioning Durr, but assuming he is leaving.  Would not be surprised to see him go back to a South Florida type of level where he had more success.  Can't see him back.

If he goes elsewhere, he would have to sit out a traditional red-shirt year.

7 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Yeah. Doesn't there usually have to be extenuating circumstances?

Never know with the ncaa.   They make some kids sit out and then they grant others a waiver.   Akinjo didn’t have to sit out going from Georgetown to Arizona and then got a waiver to play right away for Baylor as well.   

9 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

I can think of an in state kid who was convinced to redshirt a year, started quite a bit as a freshman and has now getting consistent DNP CD that I would take a flyer on if he went in the portal:  Brandon Newman.

I completely forgot about him. Went from averaging 23 minutes a game as a redshirt freshman last year, to only 12 per game this year. And those 12 minutes are skewed by some early games and non conference. Most minutes in a big ten game this year is 14, with most below 10. 

What is the story there?

On 3/2/2022 at 7:36 AM, monskisprodigy said:

I completely forgot about him. Went from averaging 23 minutes a game as a redshirt freshman last year, to only 12 per game this year. And those 12 minutes are skewed by some early games and non conference. Most minutes in a big ten game this year is 14, with most below 10. 

What is the story there?

He wasn't hitting shots and seemed to get in his head.  In their circumstances where they are playing for top seeding and have big aspirations, they can't afford to give him many minutes to work it out.  That said, I would have played him over Morton.  I think Morton's ceiling is pretty low.

Have to remember that IU received Armaan Franklin's commitment at about the same time Purdue received Newman's and the prevailing thought was that Purdue got the much better player.  Then Painter redshirted him and after starting out really as a redshirt freshman, he's really trailed off.  Don't know his feelings about staying at Purdue but externally he is the type of player that is a candidate to transfer.  I don't know the level of confidence from the coaching staff is there.

8 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

I'm going to guess PStew and Race graduate, TJD takes a shot in the NBA draft, and 1 transfer (maybe Lander?). Then we bring in 3 freshmen and 1 transfer portal player. 

I agree with all of this but I think Kopp moves on.

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yeah I think he was made some promises, which we kept, but now the staff has seen he doesn't fit into what were trying to do

Good to hear, honestly. If he doesn't fit, let's find someone who does. You see Rob staying for 1 more year? 

24 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yeah I think he was made some promises, which we kept, but now the staff has seen he doesn't fit into what were trying to do

Honest question - does this actually happen in high level athletics?  Promises for playing time?  I'd like to think you put your best team on the floor period which would be generally understood as the way by all competitive athletes.  Would a team be OK with promises made to a player for X amount of playing time when there is a clearly better option available?

I think Woodson liked Kopp's length.  He appears to have pretty long arms.  He's shooting didn't take off this year like it needed to.  

But frankly, we just need to build around the core 3 players -- Geronimo, Bates, and Galloway.  Maybe Leal if he can become a shooter.  Add the three incoming.  That give them 6 spots to work with.  X or (not and) Phin, plus a couple of the best transfers you can find.