Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Minnesota - 1/09/22 @ Noon on BTN

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Watching a little bit of game replay.

Jordan Geronimo closes out on shots like no one at IU since OG Anunoby. Maybe even better.

He can be a special special weapon on the defensive end.

Agree, and he also had a great tip out. Btw he's our 3d leading rebounder while being 8th in minutes. He's working his way in, but he's not playing enough, think that will change - it should

Agree, and he also had a great tip out. Btw he's our 3d leading rebounder while being 8th in minutes. He's working his way in, but he's not playing enough, think that will change - it should

I think he’s an example of sticking to your role. He needs to be rebounding, defending, and keeping defenses honest by taking the open shot. He’s settled into that more recently.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I would love to keep it this low!

Kopp putting the ball on the floor, for more than a dribble or two before a shot, is the next step in cutting down on TOs.

I’m still laughing at TJDs “fastball” pass to Race against O$U. No idea how he ever expected Race to catch that if it didn’t embed itself into his chest.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Seriously Kopp should only dribble in case of emergencies. He either turns it over or barrels into the lane and gets about a cm of elevation before shot-putting it at the hoop. It dropped a few times against OSU but I don’t think it will very often.

1 hour ago, HoosierX said:

Seriously Kopp should only dribble in case of emergencies. He either turns it over or barrels into the lane and gets about a cm of elevation before shot-putting it at the hoop. It dropped a few times against OSU but I don’t think it will very often.

We got the w yeah? Let woodson do his thing sheesh lol

17 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

If Edey doesn't leave for the league. 

That could be said for every player in this day and age.

23 minutes ago, Rico said:

That could be said for every player in this day and age.

Edey would have a legitimate chance at being drafted. Purdue is gonna look a lot different next year, though they should be well off. But Ivey, Williams and Edey could all be gone. They wouldn't have another 10 foot dude to replace Edey which would be very odd for a Purdue team in recent years. 

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Edey would have a legitimate chance at being drafted. Purdue is gonna look a lot different next year, though they should be well off. But Ivey, Williams and Edey could all be gone. They wouldn't have another 10 foot dude to replace Edey which would be very odd for a Purdue team in recent years. 

Ivey is a lottery pick and Williams is projected in the 2nd round.  I haven't come across Edey's name at all in the mocks although I am sure it surfaces on a few.  

34 minutes ago, Rico said:

Ivey is a lottery pick and Williams is projected in the 2nd round.  I haven't come across Edey's name at all in the mocks although I am sure it surfaces on a few.  

Just an observation.  None of the revolving door of Purdue giants has had sucess in the NBA.  

16 minutes ago, triple said:

Just an observation.  None of the revolving door of Purdue giants has had sucess in the NBA.  

NBA game has evolved away from that style.  One of the reasons Purdue can be successful is they aren’t competing for the giants with the NBA farm teams. 

17 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Minnesota gameplan early leaving X WIDE open was working. Glad they gave Phin the same treatment and he made them pay. That was key. Have a feeling X will get that treatment a lot going forward. Reffing wasn’t the homecooking one might expect. Solid overall game despite a bad first five in both halves. Woody may eventually have to tinker with that if trends continue. TJD played under composure. Enjoyable Sunday watch. Parker Stewart missing 2 FTs at the end surprised me.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Then X just needs to soot it. He is shooting .344 on 3's, unguarded that would go up a bit. I think it got in his head that they were leaving him wide open, like "I can't do this, they want me to do this." Hittting .333 of 3's is equivalent to .500 of 2's, so not really a problem.

This might sound out there but..

Do we make layups more difficult because our players go up against Trayce in practice?

I’ve noticed that we make our layups 10x more difficult than they need to be. I recall the announcers mentioning something in the game against Minny. Instead of exploding up and through contact we try to jump away with wide arm action to fling it at the rim. This is the next step in attacking the paint with our guards/wings.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners