Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Minnesota - 1/09/22 @ Noon on BTN

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

By chance did you intend for this to be in the prediction league thread vs the actual game thread?  Just doublechecking.

I just now put that in that thread too. I was trying to give my thoughts about Miller having a big game. Apologies.

26 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

IU has lost this type of game the last 5 years or so. Let down after a big win. 

we will see if things have changed, Go Hoosiers!

Dakich said it best on his show yesterday. Indiana has to be able to put big wins behind them. Archie's teams couldn't do it. Big test tomorrow. This is a game this team should and needs to win. 

In fact, we are going to learn A LOT about this team tomorrow and next week. Two road games. This team has to be able to win road games. So far 0-3. If they can have a nice 4 game winning streak heading into the Purdue game January 20, I'll feel really really good about things thus far. They'd be 14-3 overall 5-2 B1G. Who wouldn't take that? That being said, one game at a time. But this has been the point in the season the last few years when things turned south. Huge opportunity ahead. 

I think we win by 10+. MN is solid, not great. 
I like TJD to have a 20/10 game, if not 30/10.
Hoping we don't have a 2020/21 Rutgers type effort (post Iowa win). 

I hope P Stew and Kopp can keep their quicker guards from penetrating and kicking for open looks. Race will have his hands full too.

Energy and effort, finish possessions with rebounds, no wide open looks from three, and attack them early and often.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

32 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I hope P Stew and Kopp can keep their quicker guards from penetrating and kicking for open looks. Race will have his hands full too.

Energy and effort, finish possessions with rebounds, no wide open looks from three, and attack them early and often.

I think we'll see a lot of 3 G sets from IU. 

IMO, it's a good matchup for us. TJD, Race, XJ, PS, and Galloway. Probably some decent minutes from Phin too. Wouldn't mind seeing Bates get some minutes too. I think it's a bad game for Kopp to get a lot of minutes. 

27 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Going to head to Bloomington in a few for this one. Wearing the same clothes that I had on for the O$U game, not that I’m superstitious lol

Take a suit with you in case Woody comes out in casual attire.

I really got fired up for the OSU game.  Living in Dayton OH and seeing the game with OSU fans gets one riled up.  Especially after loosing to OSU and usually seeing those in person.  

Now it is sad that lil Pitino is no longer the coach at Watsamaata U.  But the new coach has cobbled together a decent team.  Well, seems better than pre-season guesses.  But they should be vulnerable inside.  And if they don't get comfortable shooting from downtown...then it could be lights out for them.

A couple of things:  1.  Woody has to wear a suit and tie; 2. defense has to be played tough by IU; 3. guards have to play like they fit in the B1G.   Do all that and IU brings home the bacon.

Go IU!  It is Wack-A-Gopher time.hqdefault.jpg

I think we'll see a lot of 3 G sets from IU. 
IMO, it's a good matchup for us. TJD, Race, XJ, PS, and Galloway. Probably some decent minutes from Phin too. Wouldn't mind seeing Bates get some minutes too. I think it's a bad game for Kopp to get a lot of minutes. 

I’m actually more worried about P Stew than Kopp defensively. P Stew got burned over and over and over against the O$U guards. We need him making to keep Minny from completely collapsing on the paint. I do like the matchups for Trayce and Race, as long as we can keep them honest with outside shooting.

I wish we could fuse P Stew, Galloway, and Phin to produce two all-around players.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app