Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Minnesota - 1/09/22 @ Noon on BTN

17 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I appreciate the honesty:) he has just never turned that corner that people have been waiting to see the last 3 years

He's maddening for me.  I watched the kid in high school, and he was always the smartest, best player on the court and played Langford dead @$$ even in that state title game.   He showed so much potential as a freshman, then had the concussion and never got back to that level.  His elevation on his jump shot isn't half what it was then, but at times he's just as explosive so I can't blame injury.   It baffles me.

23 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

He's maddening for me.  I watched the kid in high school, and he was always the smartest, best player on the court and played Langford dead @$$ even in that state title game.   He showed so much potential as a freshman, then had the concussion and never got back to that level.  His elevation on his jump shot isn't half what it was then, but at times he's just as explosive so I can't blame injury.   It baffles me.

He sure as hell looks athletic when he defends.

I remember during his freshman year Dakich was raving about how Phin was so so good at finishing at the rim. So frustrating.