Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2025)- Trent Sisley to INDIANA

I hope this turns out to be a Hoosier commitment. I remember that the board was really high on him a couple of years ago and then the interest seemed to wane a little as we chased higher rated recruits. He looks to me a lot like the players that CBK started his career with. A Steve Green type of guy who just makes the team better for multiple years. 

I'm trying to control by excitement until he officially announces.  Seems this has been a somewhat odd recruitment as @cthomas mentioned above our interest seemed to wane at times.   Woody has had virtually no success with long recruitments as @Uspshoosier has often reminded us.  Yes we landed McNeeley only to lose him.  This is the year Woody needs to turn that around.

5 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Sounds like good news. Should we take this as indication that Haralson's not coming? 

No. Trent Sisley committing to IU has no effect on Haralson whatsoever. In fact, given Haralson’s status and versatility there is likely no player’s commitment that would have much of any effect.

We have at least six open spots for 2025 and probably more than that. Haralson knows that if grabs one of them he’ll be in the mix for major minutes as a freshman.

10 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

No. Trent Sisley committing to IU has no effect on Haralson whatsoever. In fact, given Haralson’s status and versatility there is likely no player’s commitment that would have much of any effect.

We have at least six open spots for 2025 and probably more than that. Haralson knows that if grabs one of them he’ll be in the mix for major minutes as a freshman.

That's right very little overlap here. Sisley is an skilled undersized PF over time he might become more of a SF if he wants to play in the NBA. Whereas Haralson is a Wing(SF/SG) who can play PG as well. That said at the high D1 level I would rather not have him as a Starting PG but would have no issues with him help him backup the position.

17 hours ago, Demo said:

Yup, and Painter REALLY sold out here. Just more evidence that even with Purdue where it is right now the vast majority of top Indiana kids will always want to go to IU.  

Purdue may have caught lightning in a bottle with Edey and the way he was allowed to play but at the end of the day, Purdue is still just Purdue. Top rated recruits understand this, whether from Indiana or not. 

1 minute ago, hper50 said:

Sorry, a little late to this… do we know if Trilly’s IU gif is Sisley related? Or Haralson/Reibe? 

We do not know.

And we know that the lack of knowledge is good good good.

31 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

It’s for Sisley, announcing around lunch time 

I understand that he doesn't put names on them, at least on free sites, but taking away a kid's surprise announcement suuuuucks. And I mean big picture, since it happens with everyone. I want the Cliff Alexander picking up the Illinois hat and ditching it days again.