Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Game Thread: vs. St. John’s - 9:12 - FS1

57 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

“Stef Smith has big night for St. John’s despite Indiana fans’ vulgar chants”
New York Post headline

We don’t need this kind of press. Unnecessary.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

The NY Post calling out anyone/thing for something vulgar is rich. They have front page headlines that conjure up way worse things than what the students chanted last night.

58 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

New York Post headline

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I get fans chanting, but they could've left the girlfriend out of it.

28 minutes ago, Josh said:

That 13 minute scoring drought was brutal.  We didn't seem to play with any energy and seemed really confused out there.

Wait...none of that happened.  Why are people saying this feels similar to Archie Miller teams?  This team is light years better than anything that turd put out there.

I agree, we would have lost that game last year.  Are there things that need to improve, heck yes!  I think our 3 point shooting will continue to improve, we had about 4 go down in and back out, those will start dropping. Our free throws leave a lot to be desired!  CMW will have to get that to improve.  Johnson is sort of a loose cannon.  I hope he can get him in check too!

overall we beat a good team and there is a lot to be optimistic about.  Let’s see what we look like after about 8 games!

32 minutes ago, Josh said:

That 13 minute scoring drought was brutal.  We didn't seem to play with any energy and seemed really confused out there.

Wait...none of that happened.  Why are people saying this feels similar to Archie Miller teams?  This team is light years better than anything that turd put out there.

Josh, I don't always agree with you, but I love your point here. I like this team. They care, they hustle, they play tough defense. We lose that game 9 times out of 10 with our last 2 coaches. Personally, if we could see the constant rotations slow down a bit, that would be good. Also, a couple of guys are showing they don't have much business being on the floor. I like a 7 man rotation with the rest providing breathers; not even playing time for the bench. It appears I also need to go back and read 780 posts to see what everyone else has been griping about. I have no complaints. They had a guy go off, and boy was he good & fun to watch. We played tougher. We won. That's that. Cheers.

The NY Post calling out anyone/thing for something vulgar is rich. They have front page headlines that conjure up way worse things than what the students chanted last night.

Yeah. I bet it made the IU co-eds feel real good.
They must have been chanting it, too? You think?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

Yeah. I bet it made the IU co-eds feel real good.
They must have been chanting it, too? You think?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Well it certainly wasn’t just guys in the student section last night. Let’s not turn this into something it isn’t/wasn’t. 

2 hours ago, Whoozhers said:

New York Post headline

To be honest, NO ONE needs the stinkin' New York Post. It has always been a trashy rag.

1 hour ago, IU-DL said:

Josh, I don't always agree with you, but I love your point here. I like this team. They care, they hustle, they play tough defense. We lose that game 9 times out of 10 with our last 2 coaches. Personally, if we could see the constant rotations slow down a bit, that would be good. Also, a couple of guys are showing they don't have much business being on the floor. I like a 7 man rotation with the rest providing breathers; not even playing time for the bench. It appears I also need to go back and read 780 posts to see what everyone else has been griping about. I have no complaints. They had a guy go off, and boy was he good & fun to watch. We played tougher. We won. That's that. Cheers.

A couple of things...but, overall I agree with the above post.

Phin should only handle the ball at PG only for very short periods if the defense needs boosting.  And only if there are others in the CG/SG/CF/SF lineup that can create.  There was a lineup in the second half that seemed to not have the spark.  It may have been with Phin, Kopp and Stewart.  Not sure though.

I was shocked at Xavier not hitting critical free throws at the end of the game.  And Phin missed two too.  And TJD too.

IU had 9 turnovers in the 2nd half and that along with Champagnie getting 22 points in the half almost killed IU. We needed someone to stop him.

IU did well in the paint.  But, if another team has a great inside defense then what will IU do?

And when Posh Alexander got 4 fouls and taken out by St. J's coach...then put back in...why not set him up for the 5th foul and get him out of there?

Our bench was really good.  IU will need some serious scorers next year to replace those that will move on after this season.

Between IU's inside game and the bench and the defense in the first half...that won the game.

St. Johns scored 10 more points...47...than IU in the 2nd half.  IU's lack of defense in the 2nd half almost lost the game.

IU dodged the bullet...SSAH was great...loud as all get out all game....3 - 0!   Fun stuff.

8 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

Dude put the bong down.  Not even close to a Miller team, even if the FT shooting sucked.  

We shall see. Even Archie was able to be relatively successful in the non conference.  

8 hours ago, rcs29 said:

You do you man. You clearly only care about what you post as for the previous 4 years I've said pretty much the same things as you. There is a time to stop being a negative Nelly until there is a reason to be one. You'll learn.....hopefully for IU's sake anyhow.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

As I said it’s not negativity. Archie was relatively successful in the non conference each year.  The question we face is can you be successful in the Big Ten If you can’t hit 3s or FTs.  I am very skeptical that a team can be. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

We shall see. Even Archie was able to be relatively successful in the non conference.  

As I said it’s not negativity. Archie was relatively successful in the non conference each year.  The question we face is can you be successful in the Big Ten If you can’t hit 3s or FTs.  I am very skeptical that a team can be. 

Do you prefer Negative Nancy or Debbie Downer? I think those things are concerning but I think we will get better in both. I believe this is a team that will continue to improve the whole season unlike in the past. They have a different mood about them, not playing so tight and scared. 

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Do you prefer Negative Nancy or Debbie Downer? I think those things are concerning but I think we will get better in both. I believe this is a team that will continue to improve the whole season unlike in the past. They have a different mood about them, not playing so tight and scared. 

I would prefer to be called right as I was I think the first person on this board to call Archie out.  And I was insulted and called both those names then as well.  And you among others had to eat crow because living in a fantasy land of blind optimism doesn’t appear to help the team win at all. 

If they continue to improve then great.  Which is why I am still in a wait and see approach. 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I would prefer to be called right as I was I think the first person on this board to call Archie out.  And I was insulted and called both those names then as well.  And you among others had to eat crow because living in a fantasy land of blind optimism doesn’t appear to help the team win at all. 

If they continue to improve then great.  Which is why I am still in a wait and see approach. 

Josh was the first on this board to have called out Archie and it wasn’t close.     Why would he have to eat crow over an opinion? If you were insulted and called names why did you stay here and post or better yet why did you come back?

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Josh was the first on this board to have called out Archie and it wasn’t close.     Why would he have to eat crow over an opinion? If you were insulted and called names why did you stay here and post or better yet why did you come back?

Translation. Let us live in our fantasyland we don’t want differing opinions