Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2025) - PG Jalen Haralson to Notre Dame

Wouldn't surprise me if someone convinced him Woodson may not be around by next season if things don't improve here. Just the reality of having an old coach under pressure. I think Sisley wants to play for IU more than he wants to play for Woodson. 

I've been craving an elite point guard ever since Yogi and we just can't ever seem to land one. It's frustrating. 

1 minute ago, Home Jersey said:

I’ll be interested to see if Haralson sticks, could see him having a change of heart if ND has a really bad year. 

Doubtful unless Shrews gets hired elsewhere, but this is the precise reason he’s  going to Notre Dame, to be the BMOC from day 1 with little resistance. 

Just now, TheWatShot said:

Wouldn't surprise me if someone convinced him Woodson may not be around by next season if things don't improve here. Just the reality of having an old coach under pressure. I think Sisley wants to play for IU more than he wants to play for Woodson. 

I've been craving an elite point guard ever since Yogi and we just can't ever seem to land one. It's frustrating. 

Not trying to be argumentative, but unless you know the kid personally, don’t see how you can have any basis for the bolded part. It’s basically the same as me saying I think he prefers eggs and bacon to pancakes for breakfast.

In terms of elite point guards, I’ve been dying for IU to land one too. Pretty sure Myles Rice will fit that description after this season… let’s hope anyway!

Just now, AH1971 said:

No, it’s obvious you sat on your hands waiting to b****. It’s par for the course with you.

Truth is truth man.  However even a crappy coach can still win with a boat load of cash if that helps. Hope it works out. 

Jesus, my X feed is full of political BS and Woody Sucks, closes app! Come in here to see the doom squad out and about acting like Monday didn't happen and we aren't involved in any other high end recruits. Dang I'm ready for bed so it's another day closer to whippin the twerps a$$ this weekend! Then hopefully some good news in the future in recruiting. I guess I will go back to harvesting popcorn now, lol.

2 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Truth is truth man.  However even a crappy coach can still win with a boat load of cash if that helps. Hope it works out. 

Truth is what? He picked ND. The sun will come up tomorrow I promise. I’ll gladly roll with a recruiting class of Mullins/Sisley/Reibe on top of our returnees. Will be another highly ranked team to start the 25 season. 

This kid has a great family and they have done a masterful job constructing a plan that would get their son to the NBA. He's a good kid but the path has been about showcasing his talents. Shrews did a heckuva job and Jalen will get an immediate opportunity to continue showcasing his talents. 

7 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Come in hear to see the doom squad out 

If you think the doom squad is out on this one, I have a few older threads that you need to peruse.  This is incredibly tame and anyone here acting like the sky is falling is someone that acts like that regardless of outcome.  Feeling is that we really wanted Haralson, didn't get him, move on.  Because that's what NCAA recruiting and transfers is about nowadays.

Just now, Chris007 said:

Not sure if it’s true but heard Schrews is giving JH over 80% of the ND NIL budget. That’s crazy if true. 

It was something that Tyme alluded to in terms of ND throwing way too much to get of their NIL to get one player.  Notre Dame simply doesn't care about basketball.  If they have 1.5 million in NIL, then the alumni are probably upset about that not being allotted to the football team.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Not sure if it’s true but heard Schrews is giving JH over 80% of the ND NIL budget. That’s crazy if true. 

Can’t imagine ND has a big NIL bb budget to begin with and what NIL they are paying ( Burton) is probably available once JH hits campus