Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - SF Bryson Tucker to INDIANA

14 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

On3's final ranking for the '24 class.

12. SF Bryson Tucker – Indiana signee

School: Bishop O’Connell (Va.)
Scouting Summary: “Simply put, Bryson Tucker is a basketball player. He has great size to go with a natural basketball IQ. Nothing in his game seems to ever be rushed; he plays at his own pace. He understands change of pace, and he makes good decisions with the ball. He is good on the ball in the half-court, makes solid decisions, and doesn’t put the ball in trouble off the bounce. Tucker has good length, and he is a good athlete. He can make shots with a confident pull-up. Tucker’s dad, Byron, is 6-10 and scored over 1,000 points at NC State/George Mason. You would like to see Bryson’s jump shot to become more consistent. He is really good in the mid-range, one to two dribble pull ups from the elbows. An explosive athlete, he is good in transition. He has a great work ethic and is one to continue watching as a five-star.”

Didn't know Tucker's dad was 6-10... 

Heck.. Bryson might still grow. 

12 minutes ago, rcbowla said:

Is it realistic to expect Tucker to be better at everything, outside of shooting and rebounding, than Mbagko was as a FR? If that's the case then this kid is being severely overlooked. 

I don't think he will be as good of a shooter as MM. 

Defensively and athletically, I think, he is very much ahead of MM. 

6 minutes ago, Go_Hoosiers said:

Tucker ranked ahead of McNeeley, Queen, Fland and Bidunga by On3!

Bidunga has really dropped - wasn't he a Top 5 player in the class at one point? 

well when you're only one shoulder in the post, can't shoot, marginal dribbler, and only 6'9... you'll have that

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I stopped at he was 5 years old in 2012. 
I knew I was getting older, didn’t know I am as old as dirt!

7 minutes ago, Demo said:

https://x.com/IndianaMBB/status/1806783377162580420

Congrats to the young man. Another kid who will rep the school very, very well.

Can he actually receive the scholarship part of that? I know there used to be some restrictions on academic scholarships for athletes. I'm not sure if those restrictions are still there or if they included scholarships that weren't through the schools.

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

They haven't written the article yet but I am happy to announce my son also received the Hudson and Holland Scholarship, along with the Joseph Cox Scholarship. 

OUTSTANDING.  Congratulations to your son and his extremely proud parents.

5 hours ago, Chris007 said:

They haven't written the article yet but I am happy to announce my son also received the Hudson and Holland Scholarship, along with the Joseph Cox Scholarship. 

Awesome! Congratulations.