Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Next Year’s Roster

Super Early Lineup Projection

1. Xavier Johnson

2.  Rob Phinisee

3. Parker Stewart

4. Who knows 

5. TJD

Lander plays the 1 when he subs in. XJ moves to the 2. TG and Leal get time at the 2 and 3. If IU gets another wing that changes things. I don't have a clue on the 4 and 5 yet. 

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

1. Xavier Johnson

2.  Rob Phinisee

3. Parker Stewart

4. Who knows 

5. TJD

Lander plays the 1 when he subs in. XJ moves to the 2. TG and Leal get time at the 2 and 3. If IU gets another wing that changes things. I don't have a clue on the 4 and 5 yet. 

So glad you posted this here because after having a great discussion on the last thread my dumba$$ was having trouble finding this one. I think Rob will be a much better 3 pt shooter next year. I felt like a lot of his 3's this year were shot clock was down and someone had to shoot it. Also, who knows what the lineup will look like if or when we add two more players. 

If I'm reading CMW correctly, he wants to run and score. With that, RP is going to have to push the ball a LOT more. I think we'll see Race develop a jumper (hopefully) the way Juwan Morgan did....sort of an inside/outside threat. Also, on another thread it was mentioned that Parker Stewart was by far the best player in practice the last month, so that's uplifting. I think Race is our guy to join XJ, RP, PS and TJD. I don't see Hunter taking over a starting spot from Race unless there's a major leap in effort on offense & defensive abilities.

I know IU brought back a lot of the same players and that is kind of a double edged sword since it provides more experience but also is the same players from a 12-15 team.

One part that I think is underrated is that at the start of the season last year IU had 10 guys available on the roster. ONLY 6 had ever played college basketball before. 3 of those just one year. This team was so young.

Next year will be entirely different as only 1 player out of 11-13 will be a freshman. all other players will have a year under their belt and most will have 2-3. It will be nice to not have to rely on freshman or even sophomores for big production.

14 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

1. Xavier Johnson

2.  Rob Phinisee

3. Parker Stewart

4. Who knows 

5. TJD

After hearing Fife talk about Rob, I agree that he at least starts at the beginning of the year. It makes sense to have Lander be the first guard off the bench. 

I really hope we land a wing transfer so we don’t have to start three guards. Rob is 6’1, he can’t shoot, and he’s not a scoring threat. He had five games last year where he made 0 field goals.. He doesn’t have great vision, and he doesn’t push the ball in transition. He’s fine as a backup because he can defend, but I hope he’s not starting. 

will update this list as guys re commit, commit, or transfer out. Woody and company now have 2 available scholarships to play with and no players left in the portal. IU will have a max of 13 scholarship players since Joey Brunk has left the program. 

1. Rob Phinisee 6'1

2. Parker Stewart 6'5

3. Anthony Leal 6'5

4. Trey Galloway 6'4

5. Jerome Hunter 6'7

6. Logan Duncomb 6'9

7. Trayce Jackson-Davis 6'9

8. Khristian Lander 6'2

9. Jordan Geronimo 6'6

10. Race Thompson 6'8

11. Xavier Johnson 6'3 

12. TBD

13. TBD

17 minutes ago, Hoosierfan22 said:

Kenya Hunter said that Stewart made 20/21 threes in practice recently 

Impressive! however, I'd like it even more if he hit those 20/21 3's under pressure, hand in his face and coming off a screen.

He most likely made them with someone passing him a ball sort of like " around the world"....

Impressive! however, I'd like it even more if he hit those 20/21 3's under pressure, hand in his face and coming off a screen.
He most likely made them with someone passing him a ball sort of like " around the world"....

Eh, it’s a start. Nobody on last season’s team was hitting 20/21 on a pop-a-shot, let alone rhythm 3’s in practice. I’ll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

50 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I like Aggressive Rob. Aggressive Rob can shoot and drive. Coach Fife likes Aggressive Rob. He's going to push him to see more Aggressive Rob. I like that coach Fife likes Aggressive Rob.

Aggressive Rob is bad as in badass.

Passive Rob is just sad.

2 hours ago, Artie86 said:

So you’d like him to be the best 3 point shooter in the history of the game of basketball...better than Steph Curry or anyone who has come before. 

I know that’s not what you actually mean but count me as someone who is terribly concerned about the expectations a lot of our fan base are putting on this young man.

It's not like Stewart hasn't played high level college basketball. He played 18 conference games in the ACC as a freshman. During those 18 games he shot 42.5% from 3 on 6.3 threes per game. Practice or games, the dude can shoot. 

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I kind of agree. It cracks me up with our fans when I see on multiple message boards yeah but it's a practice he's hitting 20/21. Coach Hunter made a point to say that Coach Matta came to him saying Parker hit 20/21 3's while you were gone in one practice. Coach Matta has been around for a long time and he is impressed but our CYO all-star fans are not. Of course, it's a practice but it's a start. It's hard to hit them in a game if you can't hit them in practice. 

Hell, I'd be impressed by anyone we had who made 20 of 21 free throws.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It's not like Stewart hasn't played high level college basketball. He played 18 conference games in the ACC as a freshman. During those 18 games he shot 42.5% from 3 on 6.3 threes per game. Practice or games, the dude can shoot. 

Also one last thing, he's hitting them in practice right now because there are no games to be played. Practice is the only place to hit them for the next 5 months