Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Ooooook who’s your # 2?

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think IU does not want the coach to be bigger than the university.

Even more than Stevens, Hammons would create that dynamic.

Well that eliminates Mussleman so I’m okay with that. 

John is our coach anyways. Press conference next week probably. Ugh. 

2 hours ago, Dave from Dayton said:

I hadn't heard that about Archie.  Actually heard the opposite.  That Archie was realistic and no nonsense.

The used car salesman or snake oil salesman talk was about Crean.  Not that he lied.  Just that he did hype a lot and was more than flamboyant.  And he was all over the place in his delivery.

Off topic (I apologize), and I don't know you at all, but your username has me intrigued. I read an Indycar forum that references a 'Dave from Marion' as an inside joke about a popular call in show during the month of May. Maybe just a coincidence, but if not, kudos to you.

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Kathy Bennett and Felicia Legatte Jack weren’t the first woman to ever coach a D1 men’s college basketball team. 

So we should treat  a coach differently just based on the gender of players that they coach?  Seems a little sexist to me.

4 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Let’s assume Becky had a record like Archies. Or Creans. Would we have been able to fire her? No. 

We’ve made it pretty clear what the expectations are for IUBB. If she’s not out performing two previously fired coaches, then yes you can fire her. It’s about providing opportunities to quality candidates, the expectations remain the same and I’m sure she would agree. 

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

So we should treat  a coach differently just based on the gender of players that they coach?  Seems a little sexist to me.

If you don’t think it would be different, as 8bucks was alluding to, you’re just looking to argue for fun. 

I think the reason all of us wanted Brad was for what he did at Butler.  The "Butler Way" was what Indiana basketball is!  RMK did it best by far, when he was here.  We all saw what Brad did with what he had and wished it was happening at IU.  

I don't think getting any big name coach in here is going to regain what Indiana basketball was.  If they are a big name they probably have done it their way.  RMK came from nowhere.  I think we need to start looking that way.  We need to get back to the roots of Indiana basketball!  I know it won't be popular, but the more I drink the more I think, I'm looking more at a Greg Tonagel type of coach.  We need A Brad Stevens, not THE Brad Stevens.  Nobody knew who Brad was before his Butler days, but he did what all IU fans have been wanting for decades!  It wouldn't take a bunch of money.  Just get a coach that understands fundamentals, how to play team basketball, make free throws, and win the Indiana way!  Even if we hire a no name, just win and we will all get behind you.  Just compete every game for F***'s sake!  Let us know that you understand where you are coaching!  

I feel all the big names are set up for failure here.  Hell, maybe even Brad would have failed.  Maybe his time in the NBA made him lose touch where he came from(I don't know, but maybe).  

I WANT GREG TONAGEL!

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

It shouldn't be.  But you're probably right.  

No matter what happens, you’re probably the school to fire the first female men’s basketball coach of all time. I think in this hypothetical that she *should* be treated like any other male coach, but we both know that isn’t reality. That’s all I’m saying. 

Now that I’ve gotten to watch a couple of USC games, really starting to warm to Enfield. They defend aggressively without fouling. No reaching or over-extending. That’s really good coaching. Also like the bones of their offense. They create a lot of good looks, though they don’t shoot it all that well. Thought it would all be about Mobley. It’s not. What he’s doing would travel.

25 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Well that eliminates Mussleman so I’m okay with that. 

John is our coach anyways. Press conference next week probably. Ugh. 

Watch your mouth sir ;-)! No to John!

30 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Let’s assume Becky had a record like Archies. Or Creans. Would we have been able to fire her? No. 

Nonsense. Of course they'd be able to fire her for not meeting expectations.

Edited by go iu bb

9 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

I think the reason all of us wanted Brad was for what he did at Butler.  The "Butler Way" was what Indiana basketball is!  RMK did it best by far, when he was here.  We all saw what Brad did with what he had and wished it was happening at IU.  

I don't think getting any big name coach in here is going to regain what Indiana basketball was.  If they are a big name they probably have done it their way.  RMK came from nowhere.  I think we need to start looking that way.  We need to get back to the roots of Indiana basketball!  I know it won't be popular, but the more I drink the more I think, I'm looking more at a Greg Tonagel type of coach.  We need A Brad Stevens, not THE Brad Stevens.  Nobody knew who Brad was before his Butler days, but he did what all IU fans have been wanting for decades!  It wouldn't take a bunch of money.  Just get a coach that understands fundamentals, how to play team basketball, make free throws, and win the Indiana way!  Even if we hire a no name, just win and we will all get behind you.  Just compete every game for F***'s sake!  Let us know that you understand where you are coaching!  

I feel all the big names are set up for failure here.  Hell, maybe even Brad would have failed.  Maybe his time in the NBA made him lose touch where he came from(I don't know, but maybe).  

I WANT GREG TONAGEL!

You can have him. But not as IU's next coach. 

An NAIA coach jumping to a P5 school? C'mon, man! 

2 hours ago, Dave from Dayton said:

I hadn't heard that about Archie.  Actually heard the opposite.  That Archie was realistic and no nonsense.

The used car salesman or snake oil salesman talk was about Crean.  Not that he lied.  Just that he did hype a lot and was more than flamboyant.  And he was all over the place in his delivery.

CTC had too much going on to concentrate (constant clapping, sipping Diet Coke and hitching up them oversized drawers).

Never saw Arch as a used car salesman type... just didn't get it done here...

Now that I’ve gotten to watch a couple of USC games, really starting to warm to Enfield. They defend aggressively without fouling. No reaching or over-extending. That’s really good coaching. Also like the bones of their offense. They create a lot of good looks, though they don’t shoot it all that well. Thought it would all be about Mobley. It’s not. What he’s doing would travel.

This...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

23 hours ago, madmax said:

Beard. No other candidate comes close for me.

I've watch TT for the last 3 years pretty consistently.  He's the real deal!  Frankly, I don't think it's even close.   Yesterday's second half performance was impressive.