Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

23 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

Is he allowed to be under 2 signed contracts at once? I have no idea how that stuff works. 

I’m curious about this, too, any lawyers should weigh in. My guess is they’d draw up something that doesn’t put him in a bind against his current contract but indicates intent

8 minutes ago, thaboss131 said:

Any clue on how some of them are currently feeling about either Stevens or the ongoing search?

Most of them think it’s Stevens or someone left in the tournament like Musselman. But mostly Stevens. But everything got really quiet after the press conference.

3 minutes ago, Treesh said:

A note I heard from someone at the meeting — The meeting went very very well. 

See this makes me feel great. Now if I was putting up millions, the meeting went well, and then BS went silent? I...would not feel so great. Not until I talked to him again, at least.

4 minutes ago, GreatMcCracken’sGhost said:

My read on the situation, based on careful observation and not much info, was that Stevens wanted to kill the talk to buy time—maybe even a lot of time—and he botched the delivery (aka Masshole). What is your take on that theory?

Ok I’ll go down the rabbit hole too.  :-)

Maybe even a directive from Brad/Celtics to quiet all the rumors, have the people who were originally talking try killing the story so that he could exit on their timeline. Maybe that’s why we haven’t heard as much from “sources” recently.  All of which I’m fine with if it lands us Brad!!

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Most of them think it’s Stevens or someone left in the tournament like Musselman. But mostly Stevens. But everything got really quiet after the press conference.

and a guy whose name rhymes with Mat Smoulders was telling everyone something. 

1 minute ago, Soulsnipes said:

Either way thanks everyone this has been fun. I’ll bring the Keg at the tailgate this fall emoji119.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife clowned me, but seriously considering parking the motor home at the first home game with a custom flag that says Brad Stevens Coaching Search Support Group. See the flag, come on over for free bourbon and slow cooked pork of various types.

4 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Can you get another note explaining the state of things or when we should expect a yea or no?  You can choose which one. 

I won’t be hearing anything more than likely. Going off assumption, but I think the ball is in Brad’s court. 

6 minutes ago, lillurk said:

I’m curious about this, too, any lawyers should weigh in. My guess is they’d draw up something that doesn’t put him in a bind against his current contract but indicates intent

Sorry I have no idea about this. Way over my pay grade 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I really don’t know, I think he wanted the talk to end but I think it has to do something with his contract. It’s private and we don’t know what’s in it

It’s hard for me to imagine the $ folks and Dolson would not have talked timing with BS.