Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Just for our wonderful conspiracies...

Says it enters Monroe County on the 9th... 

It leaves on the 10th back to New Jersey on the 10th... 

Now this is where it could get juicy... What happened over that specific weekend? The NBA All-Star break. 

The plane goes from Monroe County to Teterboro and makes some hops and jumps of things I don't understand. Teterboro, NJ to White Plains, NY. From White Plains, NY to Plattsburgh, NY. From Plattsburgh, NY back to White Plains, NY. From White Plains, NY to Boston. Now as someone who knows nothing about what the hell planes do, I can see all of that happened on the 10th. Was Stevens on those planes? No clue. What I do know, is that Stevens and the Celtics did have a game on the 11th in Brooklyn. 

Teterboro is a 38 minute drive to Brooklyn.

White Plains is 53 minutes. 

Now is any of that possible? I guess. I don't know. I'm not an expert.

Now on the 11th(Day of the game)... It goes from Boston to Farmingdale, NJ. Farmingdale is a 1 hour 16 minute drive according to Google Maps. The plane left Boston at 4:53 and landed at 5:41. The Nets vs Celtics(the Nets won 121-109 behind 40 points from former Clerics Kyrie Irving) started at 7:30 that night...

Screenshot_20210318-021044_Chrome.jpg

A flight coming out of the airport the Celtics use is interesting, but could be nothing also.  As much as I want Stevens, swinging like that would be out of character with how this program has been run for 20 years so I've definitely got some skepticism.

I'd lean towards Matta or Beilein as more likely but being out of coaching currently either could've locked up by now I'd think if IU really wanted them.

14 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

A flight coming out of the airport the Celtics use is interesting, but could be nothing also.  As much as I want Stevens, swinging like that would be out of character with how this program has been run for 20 years so I've definitely got some skepticism.

I'd lean towards Matta or Beilein as more likely but being out of coaching currently either could've locked up by now I'd think if IU really wanted them.

Going to zionsville is the truly interesting thing to me. 

I go to bed(5am comes early), wake up and read this forum.  My first thoughts are, how can I get my season tickets now assuming this pans out like some say.  

Seriously though, what a home run hit.  I knew I should have called Vegas and placed that bet.  Guess I'll go buy a $1 scratch off instead

As for the alleged call to a recruit; I couldn't do that at 90%, I'd need to be able to say it's done.  IF I said anything at 90% I wouldn't mention a name I'd say something like "I'm 90% certain and if I'm right you should be excited" but I probably wouldn't do that.

If you want to keep it quiet you do not tell a HS kid something like that.