Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

3 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

lol when you're broke and find a penny on the ground you're up 1,000%. haha

Kidding aside I think Glass did well with the baseball and football stadium. As a fan of Architecture I think there may have been a better way to handle the assembly hall upgrades. 

I think if Dolson lands Brad the opinion on Glass changes a bit. The thing I would judge Glass on are his original ideas..

Enhancing facilities was started by Greenspan before so he shouldn't be judged on that.

Fred's original ideas: Designing IU's uniforms, the Student Athlete Bill of Rights, extending Tom Crean, Hiring Archie. He seems to fail every time he had an original idea. He has a couple wins, don't get me wrong, but his misses were huge.  

Sure. Tom Allen. Jeff Mercer. I don't see the huge misses you're talking about, at all. 

Ok, no doubt we should be getting a top quality coach this time. (whoever it is).

My question is can the new coach motivate and turn our current roster around? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the guys on the team. Some of them are just too "nice", or "not competitive enough" for my liking. Do you guys think there will need to be a major overhaul of the roster in order to get us at a competitive level to win the B1G and compete in the NCAA's next year?

Personally, I think Leal, Lander, and Geronimo got screwed out of a lot of playing time they could have gotten. The upper class men made just as many defensive mistakes, and offensive lapses as the freshman. But that's just me.

17 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Glass will be judged based on Crean and Miller

Only by people that wear red for BB and Green for FB.  Admittedly that is a large portion of the fan base, but I doubt Mr Glass really cares what those people think of his job performance.  .  

2 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Glass was reactive. He reacted when forced to and that’s how you become mediocre.

Yeah our top 10 ranked football team was mediocre. Our top ranked WBB team is mediocre. Our conference championship baseball team is... mediocre. 

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Maybe by you, maybe by the majority. I'm not going to though. Glass was solid. There was nothing wrong with the Miller hire.. it just didn't work. 

Idk what there is to judge him on about Crean about. I also don't understand why we can't just be happy Dolson is doing well and why Glass needs to be drug through the mud at all. Makes no sense and it is what jealous/insignificant people do. 

Edit--- not saying you are doing this, but others certainly are. 

Pat yourself on the back. You are special. Now Glass will be judged on BB at IU whether it hurts your feelings or not.

2 hours ago, rcs29 said:

When I think of the most discussed names and then put them in a list......

Brad Stevens
Scott Drew
Chris Beard
Nate Oats
Eric Musselman
Thad Matta
John Beilein

I think to myself.......that's a hell of a list. Hard to be real disappointed in any of those choices. I mean some people have issues with each but you're going to have that. I feel a lot better about this search than I did in '17

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I agree. After Knight they just handed the job to Davis. Not surprising but it was disappointing. Initially a good coach but wasn't ready to handle all the aspects of a head coaching position, especially not at IU. 

After that was Sampson. That kind of came out of left field for me and I was disappointed and puzzled because of the trouble he had gotten into previously. That blew up in IU's face. The guy can coach but terrible hire.

I was just as surprised by Tom Crean. I wasn't wowed by his history so that hire was disappointing, as well. (See a trend here?)

I paid a bit more attention to the coaching search after Crean than I had for the previous two so Miller wasn't as surprising. A bit disappointing as I wanted a big name but at the time it seemed like a solid hire. That proved to be wrong.

This time I'd be at least somewhat happy about each name on that list and they all seem like they'd be good hires or better.

I would be happy with just about any of the names that have been spread around. All seem like an upgrade. Especially since they have had experience at power 5 conferences or NBA experience. Was curious as to what time frame you all think a coach will be announced? I would guess after the tournament especially if the coach we hire is in the tournament. If its Beilein do you think it would be before ?

Edited by Brooks

Just now, IU Scott said:

Glad to see you over here, have you gotten any info?

Nothing as earth shattering as others have said. I just heard that Dolson has his man and happy would be an understatement. I think that means BS but I hate getting my hope us. Based on what others are saying my hopes are very very high. 

I would be happy with just about any of the names that have been spread around. All seem like an upgrade. Especially since they have had experience at power 5 conferences or NBA experience. Was curious as to what time frame you all think a coach will be announced? I would guess after the tournament especially if the coach we hire is in the tournament. If its Berlin do you think it would be before ?

I would say that all depends on who the candidate is. Beilein and Matta could be at anytime unless they are fall back options. The other guys would have to wait until their teams were done playing. Brad.....well we have absolutely no clue.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Just now, Billingsley said:

Nothing as earth shattering as others have said. I just heard that Dolson has his man and happy would be an understatement. I think that means BS but I hate getting my hope us. Based on what others are saying my hopes are very very high. 

I woke up this morning hoping I would see an alert on my phone that said Brad Stevens had resigned to take the IU job.

4 minutes ago, Brooks said:

I would be happy with just about any of the names that have been spread around. All seem like an upgrade. Especially since they have had experience at power 5 conferences or NBA experience. Was curious as to what time frame you all think a coach will be announced? I would guess after the tournament especially if the coach we hire is in the tournament. If its Beilein do you think it would be before ?

It seems to me you try every avenue before Beilein and Matta. They'll probably still be unemployed so will be available. That means waiting for a definite no from Stevens and any coaches currently in the NCAAT. So it could be a few weeks at least before those can be crossed off the list.