Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

37 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Can you imagine if btb was the judging panel on American Idol or any of those other types of contestant shows.  There would never be a winner.

I suspect it would look more like The Gong Show.and the only question would be how long it would take for someone to knock out someone else with the big hammer.

11 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Whoever’s next will inherit a nice amount of talent, some open scholarships, and a well-heeled program in one of the best recruiting hotbeds in the country. We’re gonna be alright.

Yup. Which is why I am ok with a short term guy like Beilein. He would win in year 1. An up and comer might not. Though I prefer Beard, Musselman, or Drew. 

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

Yup. Which is why I am ok with a short term guy like Beilein. He would win in year 1. An up and comer might not. Though I prefer Beard, Musselman, or Drew. 

I’m with you on preferences. Like everyone here I have nothing but respect for Beilein. I don’t think he’d necessarily take a job and I’m not sure he’d get the offer, but my feelings on him at IU at this point have changed a lot over the past week.

I understand the concern that he took awhile to get UM going. UM folks really feel like their program was in a bad spot when he took over. IU wasn’t good under Miller but I think we broadly agree there’s some talent and the program infrastructure is fine.

The other thing is that Beilein is a different coach than he was when he started at UM. One of the things I admire about him is he kept getting better even into his 60s at a job he was already good at. So I imagine he’d start better at IU.

Again: not my pick, but he’d pick a good staff, and IU would have a top 25 offense next year.

10 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Maybe the Woodson rumor was released to make us ok with hiring Beilein. If it was then it worked, lol. 

Or perhaps it was floated as a trial balloon to see what the response from the fan base would be. 

I'm not sure even that one "all Alford, all the time" guy could get behind that move. 

At the end of the day it really is gonna come down to what Scott D wants and his job is probably on the line with this choice.

That’s got to be pretty stressful, we all have our opinions on how to fix this mess. Let’s see what he comes up with!

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Without any research, I’m a no as head coach. Can’t imagine Dolson winning the press conference announcing him as head coach.

If it is Woodson, he better get Lewis in here as his top assistant to help with the transition to college. He will need a top staff from day 1. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Without any research, I’m a no as head coach. Can’t imagine Dolson winning the press conference announcing him as head coach.

Yeah, I just don't really have a guy now.  It is all a crap shoot and none of the names being thrown around right now are a guarantee of anything.  My only stance is that whomever is hired has to be a winner.  And I don't mean a Tom Crean roller coaster winner, I mean a guy who consistently is in the tournament, consistently pushing the top levels of the BIG, and consistently getting past the first weekend of the tournament.  And it is a guy who is going to have to show that trajectory quickly.  I am over this 4 years to see a pulse BS of the past few hires.

When our guy is available, whomever that is, the school needs to hurry the hell up and get him in place so he can start working the transfer market for the missing pieces to this team.  If the majority of the team stays put and we add a few transfers, there is no reason to not expect a tournament appearance next year from the right guy.