Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

13 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

How about 36 hours ago when they beat a mid level ACC team. How about a couple years ago when they went to the Final Four?

It’s more than one game without question.

I think it's a fair question to ask if he could recruit enough to compete at a high enough level night in and night out at IU and the Big10. But man watching them on defense swarm and harass Illinois would have me at least optimistic if he were hired, but that overall record is a ? mark for me.

20 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

How about 36 hours ago when they beat a mid level ACC team. How about a couple years ago when they went to the Final Four?

It’s more than one game without question.

Then why does he have a 54% win pct? He isn’t elite. He has been better in recent years but he has been a head coach for awhile now and is 54%

Just now, Feathery said:

Then why does he have a 54% win pct? He isn’t elite. He has been better in recent years but he has been a head coach for awhile now and is 54%

He took over a couple of horrendous programs. That’ll skew a record quick.

23 minutes ago, DWB said:

They are 25-4 this year before the tourney. Their conf is not the B1G, but 25-4 is a good record anywhere. Gonzaga is in a sub standard conf too (compared to B1G, but nobody is trashing them. 

Not saying you are trashing them, but all of us have watched good ball and bad ball. Loyola plays good ball.

I agree with that. His sets look good. Very beilien-ish. Big, big step up to a job like iu tho. That’s why ADs get the big bucks and front row seats. Just going off resume, I’d choose musselman over Moses if forced to. Going off the eye test, I’d probably go Moses. I like their offensive movement. 

5 hours ago, bigrod said:

Just curious, why do we think Fife would be a better head coach than Lewis? I do understand that Fife has been a head coach a while back, but Lewis has also been an assistant under some pretty good coaches. I think I could I could get behind Lewis just as much as Fife.

Alphabetical order.  :).  But yeah Fife has some head coach experience.  So give him the nod. 

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

If Moses is available, you sign him today. His resume is all-time elite. Parting of the sea, freeing his people from slavery, etc. ELITE.  

His personality was garbage and was a horrible public speaker. His brother, Aaron tho, he was a personality—though I think his program had some involvement in the Adidas mess...

2 minutes ago, Feathery said:

If Moses is available, you sign him today. His resume is all-time elite. Parting of the sea, freeing his people from slavery, etc. ELITE.  

I know it was a few years ago but didnt he kill an egyptian? Gotta hold that against him.

5 minutes ago, Feathery said:

If Jesus could be an assistant we'd really have something cooking. He can't hit a curveball, but he might be able to cure our shooting woes like he cured the lepers

Maybe Lawrence Frank puts a good word in for Chauncey Billups. Granted I’d be shocked if he was being considered but he’d be the closest thing to Juwan Howard we could get. Clippers assistant coach right now and was in the running for a couple of head coaching jobs last year. NBA offense and every kid would know who he is.

6 minutes ago, Unexpectedflash said:

Maybe Lawrence Frank puts a good word in for Chauncey Billups. Granted I’d be shocked if he was being considered but he’d be the closest thing to Juwan Howard we could get. Clippers assistant coach right now and was in the running for a couple of head coaching jobs last year. NBA offense and every kid would know who he is.

I think Frank put in a good word about Enfield.

Just now, Chris007 said:

I think Frank put in a good word about Enfield.

Ugh I really don’t want Enfield. This year is great but I can attribute most of that to getting two 5 stars because their dad is an assistant coach. If he brings Evan Mobley here every year then he can come.