Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

15 minutes ago, ISP said:

I used “accepted” liberally, I should have said they were in agreement on the terms. As far as what the further discussion/topic was that caused him to pull out, I was told that they (my guy) wasn’t going to disperse that info to anyone but in due time it would probably become known. Has nothing to do with his health or a physical though. 

edit: separate “source” than the guy who told me to keep an eye on the trade deadline. 

That’s to bad. I like Thad compared to some of the other possibilities.

For what it’s worth, what Goodman said about how the Matta process went down on his podcast with Hummel is dead on. I know Goodman drives us all nuts (me included), but what he said is consistent with everything I’ve gotten (which is coming from two people who don’t know each other). And this makes sense because Goodman spoke to the guy himself, in person, Monday night. 

Just now, Nonymouse said:

For what it’s worth, what Goodman said about how the Matta process went down on his podcast with Hummel is dead on. I know Goodman drives us all nuts (me included), but what he said is consistent with everything I’ve gotten (which is coming from two people who don’t know each other). And this makes sense because Goodman spoke to the guy himself, in person, Monday night. 

What did Goodman say, if you don’t mind repeating 

Still can’t find it on the site. Been looking for 15 mins. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just went back to look, and no longer there. I click on all sports, then basketball, then ncaa and then there was a tab under futures or something but it said “NCAAB Specials”. But not there anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, cleeter said:

Just went back to look, and no longer there. I click on all sports, then basketball, then ncaa and then there was a tab under futures or something but it said “NCAAB Specials”. But not there anymore.

Thanks - at least I know I'm not going crazy.

Thanks - at least I know I'm not going crazy.

It took me over 10-15 to find it myself. I literally went back to retrace my steps just now to answer your post properly but now it’s not there.

1 minute ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Pretty obvious statement when you're not in the know lol

Yeah, just guessed that there was heavy interest before the media had come out with it and anyone here was talking about it. 

4 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight69 said:

What did Goodman say, if you don’t mind repeating 

Basically, they approached him, he listened, he was intrigued by the idea, but ultimately decided IU is not the place for him. The physical never happened and that’s just not something that happens. Just BS. 

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

@Chris007 backalleyguru in the peegs chat is saying 3/27/21 at noon. He’s gotten a little more specific on his time now.

wonder if there is a correlation to “pay attention to the trade deadline” I mentioned 

9 minutes ago, ISP said:

I used “accepted” liberally, I should have said they were in agreement on the terms. As far as what the further discussion/topic was that caused him to pull out, I was told that they (my guy) wasn’t going to disperse that info to anyone but in due time it would probably become known. Has nothing to do with his health or a physical though. 

edit: separate “source” than the guy who told me to keep an eye on the trade deadline. 

A couple possibilities ......

- they (Dolson and Co.) wanted to fill the assistant roles

- they wanted Thad to modernize his offense (my bet)

If either of these or something similar is true (and could be WAY WAY off), then we might have a real problem on our hands. Coaches don't ascend to these heights by not doing it "their way." Dolson said in his presser he didn't want to "micromanage the program" but at the same time said he wants a "certain style of play."

I'm all for the certain style of play he is referring to but I don't want Dolson acting like Jerry Jones either!! "Thad, we want you to have the job but want you to do it our way."

Absolute speculation, but many hierarchies in sports have trended this direction over the last decade ---- where the #1 factor in hiring a coach is for that individual to be an extension of the "front office". Don't know that works with the egos we're talking about. But would certainly explain a potential hire like Woodson IMO.

If it does go that direction I hope hope hope Dolson knows what he's doing ..... he'll need to. 

Just now, TheDarkKnight69 said:

Just doesn’t make sense why we’d offer Matta the job if this guy has been saying it’s going to be Stevens on 3/27 now for awhile. 

The exact date and time of it happening is giving me big time QAnon vibes 

Don’t rack your brain. No one will ever have all the intimate details to piece the entire puzzle together. Enjoy the bits of info we get at a time and just trust in Dolson