Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Illinois and Underwood add (Ark/UK) twin brother Ivonisic, stretch 7'1'' player.   Highly touted.  Underwood always making money moves, can never count him out.  

His brother is the better player I believe (and is 7’3”) but from what I’ve read the younger brother has been working himself into being a stretch 5.

23 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

1) Hatton appears to be objectively better.

2) This guy Edmonds will start for Minny.

3) I wish we played Minny twice next year.

3 notable things from Edmonds’ stat line: 1) Committed more fouls per minutes played last year than Reneau playing in the AAC while being in no way a rim protector. 2) Shot 45% from the line. 3) Dished out 10 assists in 33 games.
Yeesh 

Just now, Demo said:

3 notable things from Edmonds’ stat line: 1) Committed more fouls per minutes played last year than Reneau playing in the AAC while being in no way a rim protector. 2) Shot 45% from the line. 3) Dished out 10 assists in 33 games.
Yeesh 

Okay… maybe he won’t start.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Okay… maybe he won’t start.

My guess is that Dawson Garcia will be starting alongside either Edmonds or Parker Fox.  As hard of a time as they have have raising NIL there, I would just find the timing strange of signing Edmonds right now if they feel Hatton is coming along as well.

My guess is that Dawson Garcia will be starting alongside either Edmonds or Parker Fox.  As hard of a time as they have have raising NIL there, I would just find the timing strange of signing Edmonds right now if they feel Hatton is coming along as well.
I think their nil is pretty low they even signed a division 3 player.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Despite being a "done deal to IU" according to several posters with "strong connections" on various message boards...Alex Hemenway has committed to Vanderbilt. 

I don't think there is really any need to add a guy just to add a guy so I would probably bank on adding Hatton and then keeping the 13th scholarship open. Of course, if the coaches can find a player that upgrades the roster and is willing to come in for a limited role, great. 

29 minutes ago, HoosierHuddle said:

Despite being a "done deal to IU" according to several posters with "strong connections" on various message boards...Alex Hemenway has committed to Vanderbilt. 

I don't think there is really any need to add a guy just to add a guy so I would probably bank on adding Hatton and then keeping the 13th scholarship open. Of course, if the coaches can find a player that upgrades the roster and is willing to come in for a limited role, great. 

The problem with that is MW got roasted for leaving one open last year but this years roster is constructed a heck of a lot better than last year.

13 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

The problem with that is MW got roasted for leaving one open last year but this years roster is constructed a heck of a lot better than last year.

We are very deep at guard/wing, but not deep when it comes to bigs. So this season could flip flop to having a bigs depth issue.

2 hours ago, ebridges24 said:

We are very deep at guard/wing, but not deep when it comes to bigs. So this season could flip flop to having a bigs depth issue.

I have the same concern.   Hopefully we have sets using smaller lineups in this case.

12 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

$2 million for a transfer with 1 year of eligibility left? Wow, the B1G is dropping the bags!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/40137329/great-osobor-transferring-washington-big-nil-deals

3 things here: 1) Would like to know how that deal is structured because I find it impossible to believe he’s guaranteed that sort of jack. 2) If you’re throwing a kid an offer that resembles that he better be able to carry you on a tournament run. Osobor’s good but he ain’t that. 3) That Washington would be able to conjure up anything approaching that would certainly explain why Tommy Lloyd was supposedly toying with that job.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Demo said:

3 things here: 1) Would like to know how that deal is structured because I find it impossible to believe he’s guaranteed that sort of jack. 2) If you’re throwing a kid an offer that resembles that he better be able to carry you on a tournament run. Osobor’s good but he ain’t that. 3) That Washington would be able to conjure up anything approaching that would certainly explain why Tommy Lloyd was supposedly toying with that job.

So, have we officially "jumped the shark"?  Also think it must be some incentive driven deal but who knows with the cash being thrown around.  

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

Interesting short article about NIL money in the "Big Ten" although only 3 teams are actually mentioned: Link

This is news to me, I thought Purdoo was struggling in NIL? 

Purdue and Illinois are said to have the Big Ten’s largest men’s basketball NIL budgets, about $2.5 million a year. Insiders say the Gophers’ men’s basketball NIL budget is barely one-fourth of that.