Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

21 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

What about Hatton from North Harrison.  He is at Bellarmine and several schools are after him.  

Don’t think we’ve heard about him and IU. So…….

31 minutes ago, Demo said:

I think Pope’s gonna do fine, but I wonder how them their UK fans are feeling about Cal just now? Be careful what you wish for…..

I would say that Kentucky will be good from the perimeter and weak elsewhere.  Am wondering if Amari Williams wishes he hadn't committed to UK since they signed Garrison after they signed him.  There's no way to put Garrison and Williams on the court at the same time so they'll have to split 40 minutes at the 5....and Garrison is the former McD's All-American.  Garrison had a decent if unspectacular freshman year but he's going to be really, really good.  7.5 points, 5.3 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in 22 mpg at Oklahoma State......have to think he's starting over Williams.

Chris Ledlum in the transfer portal with an asterisk.  He and Jaden Dingle are currently suing the NCAA for an extra year of eligibility since the Ivy League chose not to play in 2020-21.

My thought......you played four years, the 2020-21 season didn't count for anybody.........go live your life.  He's asking for another year of eligibility and not count one of the other years beside 20-21.  Kick rocks.

Ven-Allen Lubin, Vanderbilt enters.  6'10"  4/5.  Played his freshman year at Notre Dame, last year at Vanderbilt.  12.3 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1 block/game.  50/33/73 shooter, made 13 of 39 threes last year.  

On 5/1/2024 at 5:24 AM, RaceToTheTop said:

Guys you think may be 10th and 11th before the season starts may end up being 8th or 9th.  Additionally, those guys are also one or two injuries away (or foul trouble away) from being put in important positions.  U Conn was a unicorn in that respect in that they stayed incredibly healthy.  Even if you play just 8 guys in the postseason, you are going to be needing 10 or 11 for the regular season.  

The back up big we are looking for would essentially replace Sparks who only played 177 minutes all season even though Ware missed games.  

I am not saying we don’t need a back-up big (we do) but if I’m a recruit I would have concerns about getting decent minutes which is why I think we get a relatively low caliber guy.

25 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

Had never heard of him and then he had a huge game in the SoCon tournament final. Imagine he'll have a great list.