Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, DChoosier said:

Yes , I know. That was my point.

We are not going to land a “savior” with the remaining schollys.

PS: even though no one plays their 10th 11,12,13th guys in conference the odds are roughly 100% that the forum will have a TON of posts questioning why Woody isn’t playing x/y/z more so they can “develop”.

Guys you think may be 10th and 11th before the season starts may end up being 8th or 9th.  Additionally, those guys are also one or two injuries away (or foul trouble away) from being put in important positions.  U Conn was a unicorn in that respect in that they stayed incredibly healthy.  Even if you play just 8 guys in the postseason, you are going to be needing 10 or 11 for the regular season.  

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Averaged just under 16 min/gm.

image.png

Lot of miles on him for a redshirt sophomore --

20-21 UConn, only 2 games played.

21-22 Texas A&M.  Played in 31 games, started 11....but averaged just 7.1 minutes.  Interesting.

22-23  Texas A&M.  Played in only 7 games but not eligible for a redshirt -- not injured and played a handful of minutes throughout the season.

23-24 Western Michigan:  Given the 16 minutes per game, he really did put up good numbers given his court time.

6'8" PF Jaylen Crocker-Johnson enters (Arkansas Little-Rock).  3 years of eligibility, true freshman last year.  Played 23.4 minutes per game, averaged 9.1 points and 5.3 rebounds.  Shot 50/28/63.  Did take 60 three pointers.  Had three double-doubles.

6'9" PF/C Chris Conway, Oakland.  27 minutes/game, 10.0 pts, 4.1 reb.

6'8" C Alex Sobel, Sacred Heart.  26 minutes/game, 12.3 points, 7.4 rebounds, 2.8 blocks.   Interior player only.

6'10" C Langdon Hatton, Bellarmine.  27 minutes/game, 10.5 points, 7.1 rebounds.  Some perimeter ability, made 15 of 45 threes.  From Georgetown, Indiana.

Guys you think may be 10th and 11th before the season starts may end up being 8th or 9th.  Additionally, those guys are also one or two injuries away (or foul trouble away) from being put in important positions.  U Conn was a unicorn in that respect in that they stayed incredibly healthy.  Even if you play just 8 guys in the postseason, you are going to be needing 10 or 11 for the regular season.  
May be true but not everyone will play. There just aren't enough minutes.As of right now I would say three guys will likely be bench players unless you have several injuries

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

6'10" C Langdon Hatton, Bellarmine.  27 minutes/game, 10.5 points, 7.1 rebounds.  Some perimeter ability, made 15 of 45 threes.  From Georgetown, Indiana.

^^That’s kinda intriguing if Nikita isn’t happening.^^

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Played for Langdon’s dad, Steve Hatton. Clarksville legend who played at Transy. Also coached Langdon and his sister Lilly (who plays at Wofford) in Little General ball two years straight. Will see if I can get a little info on this one. Dads whole family are huge UK fans FWIW. 

27 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Looks pretty landlocked and like the high major level might be pretty fast for him. But he had a couple of nice statistical games against decent competition, 14/5 against Kansas St and 18/11 against Evansville. Given the limited opportunity available at IU should things go well next year, a kid like this is probably about where you’re gonna be.

On 4/29/2024 at 11:55 AM, Demo said:

ASU, huh? Will be real interested to see how this goes.

ASU is a good place to go if you’d like your HS All-Star games to be the brightest your star ever shined. Anyone other than Lu Dort played for B. Hurley make an impact on the P-12 or NBA yet?

I love Dort’s game but he was there one year as a top ~35 recruit and went undrafted. Not sure I’d even want my son to visit ASU if he was lucky enough to be a coveted prospect.

On 4/29/2024 at 5:56 PM, Demo said:

Another element of NIL impact: if a program is looking for a new HC, say 11 or 12 months from now, how many really good guys are more readily available than you think? Supposedly Tommy Lloyd gave serious thought to the Washington job because Zona’s NIL program is subpar. You gotta think Holloway will certainly be available.

Would imagine the U of A budget issues may be a concern too: https://www.insidehighered.com/news/governance/executive-leadership/2024/01/31/u-arizona-takes-steps-address-financial-woes

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Imagine a kid from Floyd Central being a shooter. That’s what they are known for.  I went there for three years many moons ago.  Ole Joe Hinton coached up some good teams in the day.

9 minutes ago, lillurk said:

ASU is a good place to go if you’d like your HS All-Star games to be the brightest your star ever shined. Anyone other than Lu Dort played for B. Hurley make an impact on the P-12 or NBA yet?

I love Dort’s game but he was there one year as a top ~35 recruit and went undrafted. Not sure I’d even want my son to visit ASU if he was lucky enough to be a coveted prospect.

I’ll say this for Dort, man, he freaking beat down Brandon Ingram in that OKC-NO series. He took that dude’s soul. 

1 hour ago, Napleshoosier said:

https://x.com/goodmanhoops/status/1785488870106370547?s=61

north of a $1mm bucks!  How about it Johnell ?  Wow

IU is said to have a 1.2 million NIL deal with Ballo if rumors are correct.  Arkansas tried to pull him away with a huge offer.  Think if he would have taken it they could not have afford Johnell.

7 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

IU is said to have a 1.2 million NIL deal with Ballo if rumors are correct.  Arkansas tried to pull him away with a huge offer.  Think if he would have taken it they could not have afford Johnell.

On3 has the Ballo deal at 1 million. Not sure why he is the only player reporting NIL on their page though?