Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

My question to most of you in this thread.  If Archie is back next year will you be back or will that be the breaking point where you will not follow until he is gone?  I’m hoping you will all be back even if he is still here.   Another question if he is back then how many pages will this thread be at by the end of next season?   
I'll still be here

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

My question to most of you in this thread.  If Archie is back next year will you be back or will that be the breaking point where you will not follow until he is gone?  I’m hoping you will all be back even if he is still here.   Another question if he is back then how many pages will this thread be at by the end of next season?   

I sat through every game of a 6 win season. I watch nearly every IU football game possible and have for many years. I’ll be back. 

38 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I've already lost all interest.  I used to schedule my life around the game.  Now I have it on the TV if I'm home, but I'm focusing on something else.

If Archie is back, I doubt I'll even watch that closely.  One thing I will do...I would start to call for Scott Dolsan to be fired

51 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Lol you can’t avoid the score.   Like everyone on this board I’m sure you are considered the IU basketball guy within your family and friends.   I can try to avoid the score and game but I know how the game is going within the first 4 mins.  How?  Because I will get 5 texts from different people throughout the game letting me know how it’s going.  I would have to turn the phone completely off to avoid knowing the outcome 

I'm in South Florida and Btown is where I discuss games.

If I don't post during a game it's either because I recorded the game and avoiding the score, or because you guys are really pissing me off.    :)

16 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Looks like Glass Crean the vote of confidence on Mar 5 so we still have a few days left before the silence is really meaningful. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12426084/tom-crean-indiana-hoosiers-gets-vote-confidence-ad-fred-glass

That was over two years before he got fired.

That really was a vote of confidence!

On 2/28/2021 at 12:10 PM, Josh said:

Let's play with some math here.  I am not a contract attorney, but I am a self proclaimed genius.  If I'm wrong on any of this, please feel free to correct me.  

If we fire Archie at the end of this season (or even now...please!) we would owe him $10 million over the next three years.  Also in the contract if I understand correctly, he is required to find employment.  The income from his next employer would be deducted from this $10M buyout. 

So let's say he gets a coaching gig at a "paltry" $2M/year.  Over the next 3 years he'd earn $6M from his new employer, lowering our buyout to $4M.  Four million dollars spread over 3 years.  If he earns more, our buyout is less.

I see people hung up on this $10 million buyout.  Or trying to settle with him for $7.5M.  I think he'd be smart to take a $4M instant payment and seek employment for more than $2M/year.  In that case he'd be way ahead, as would we.

I believe that the remaining buyout can be paid out over longer than the remaining 3 years as well.  

2 hours ago, coonhounds said:

No kidding I don't think I could want him out of here any faster than I do now. Plus I am tired of people on btb tell us how iu can never be good again as we watch **** programs such as purdue becoming good. If a dump school like that can become good why cant iu? Because our coaching has sucked and archie is the worst one yet. Fire him now

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Painter has taken advantage of the decline of college basketball. A lot 9d teams have really taken advantage of this season. With Indiana still in the abyss, North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky being down. Kansas isn't Kansas. Cuse is going the route of IU. Arizona isn't very good. Michigan State isn't good. Georgetown and UConn still can't catch their footing at all. It's allowed some programs who sort of "his in the shadows" be good this season. Baylor, Gonzaga, Alabama, Illinois, Villanova. It'll come back around one day. 

You know what’s way more fun than watching IU now? Watching old games on YouTube. A lot of times I forgot the score and who won, so it’s like betting on an old horse race. I’ll sit here in my 80’s IU t-shirt and root for a 30 year-old team no problem. 

Seriously though, it’s fun to watch a team wearing our uniforms play amazing basketball. 

I'll be back. And I'll ride the emotional roller coaster just like every other year.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

I’ve been a Bears fan so I have experience.   I’ll be back no matter what.  Go IU.  

I'm in South Florida and Btown is where I discuss games.
If I don't post during a game it's either because I recorded the game and avoiding the score, or because you guys are really pissing me off.    :)
I avoid all social media if I am recording the game. My friends and family know not to text me or anything . Of course, since most of my friends are Illinois fans they might tell me anyhow

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

I've only watched about 8 of the games, early season. For the past month, I just check insidethehall the next day. I started raising chickens and hung out with them last game instead of watching lol. One of which that follows me like a dog for whatever reason. Meet Wyatt Earp. 

20210227_141443.jpg

Looks like a pretty barred rock. Sadly, only 3 of my original Barreds left in my crew (damn coyotes and hawks). Great temperaments, awesome egg production. 

Also a big fan of our ISA Browns and sapphire olive eggers. 

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Couldn’t quit it if I tried. Been in love with IU basketball since I was 10. I think I cared more about IU than I did about the school I was playing, or rather sitting, for. It’s in my DNA and I’ll continue to break down every game like I have forever. But I completely get the notion of walking away from it. No judgements. And how long will this thread be? Hell, every poster may need their own individual thread. 

33 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Looks like a pretty barred rock. Sadly, only 3 of my original Barreds left in my crew (damn coyotes and hawks). Great temperaments, awesome egg production. 

Also a big fan of our ISA Browns and sapphire olive eggers. 

Oh cool, nice to hear! Yep, she's so fun. Definitely the queen of the flock and runs the show. As soon as I visit, she jumps in my lap and falls asleep within 10 mins lol. I have 2 black jersey giants that are huge. They are black but their feathers have this green and purple sheen that's killer. They hate my guts though lol. Then a yellow and a brown that are neither here nor there. 

This week should be start of eggs so anxious about seeing some.

Anyway, their names are Wyatt Chirp, Virgil and Morgan Chirp, Johnny Wingo and Cock Holiday. Lol

IMG_20210102_185633_577.jpg

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

I sat through 20 some years of really crappy football. And I've say through 20 some years of crappy basketball. I'll be back for more crappy basketball. 

You know what’s way more fun than watching IU now? Watching old games on YouTube. A lot of times I forgot the score and who won, so it’s like betting on an old horse race. I’ll sit here in my 80’s IU t-shirt and root for a 30 year-old team no problem. 
Seriously though, it’s fun to watch a team wearing our uniforms play amazing basketball. 

My 7 year old son has been doing that recently. He just watched the IU-Michigan game from 1993. He obviously doesn't know any of the players but is just obsessed with watching basketball. We started doing it last year after COVID canceled the tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk