Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Game Thread - Outback Bowl vs Ole Miss Sat 1/2/21 12:30pm ABC

Allen was quoted after last years loss saying something along the lines of you can’t skip steps of a program to get to the top. It was said that an elevator can’t take a program to elite level but it sure as hell can take an elite program downwards.

This is a step for the program that requires a win to take that next foot forward. Time for the Hoosiers to show the world the earmuffs and blinders approach it has been talking about all season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

...But no matter how many players can't or won't suit up Saturday (11:30 a.m., ABC), Kiffin says Ole Miss has no intention of pulling out of the Outback Bowl in Tampa, Florida.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2020/12/28/lane-kiffin-ole-miss-football-struggling-opt-outs-covid-injuries/4058814001/

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

...But no matter how many players can't or won't suit up Saturday (11:30 a.m., ABC), Kiffin says Ole Miss has no intention of pulling out of the Outback Bowl in Tampa, Florida.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2020/12/28/lane-kiffin-ole-miss-football-struggling-opt-outs-covid-injuries/4058814001/

His whole team went home for Christmas. I put this game at 15% likelihood of happening. 

23 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

His whole team went home for Christmas. I put this game at 15% likelihood of happening. 

Wow if true I would have expected a condition of accepting the bowl bid would have been something about  it going home for the holidays. Might sound harsh but it is a bowl game after all 

From what I have seen he says they are going to play just might have a bunch of players out

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, maharkn said:

From what I have seen he says they are going to play just might have a bunch of players out

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Is the percentage of team availability not a thing anymore? I heard they may not even know how many positives until tomorrow.

I wouldn't put it past Kiffin for this to all be pure gamesmanship. Talk about more opt outs at key positions, not knowing COVID numbers and barely having enough players to play just to try to get some sort of edge. They are 4-5 and have nothing to lose. Earmuffs and blinders. Oh, and I assume he'll have the most open playbook in the history of bowl games. 

Is the percentage of team availability not a thing anymore? I heard they may not even know how many positives until tomorrow.

SEC has different rules than the Big Ten and each team uses their conference rules. Not sure the ruling within the SEC but they got all their games in so I’m guessing there is no percentage requirement for Ole Miss.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If the game is to be cancelled it would likely be yesterday or today.

If Miss has to cancel IMO the coach and AD are responsible and Miss needs to reimburse IU for all expenses and lost revenue.

Having the entire team travel home and back was reckless at best.

I am hitting the Alley in a couple of hours and if I have to turn around I will be pissed.

Unlike basketball I have a lot of enthusiasm for the football program right now and can't wait for the game tomorrow. I just hope they come out looking to just destroy Ole Miss and give a big f you to the committee. Start 2021 off right for Hoosier football

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk