Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Game Thread - Outback Bowl vs Ole Miss Sat 1/2/21 12:30pm ABC

12 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

We will very likely be ranked, and reasonably likely ranked in the top 15. We are newsworthy, and newsworthiness propels rankings.

I also think we will be ranked but possibly in the 20-25 range. The thing that will be different, I hope, is that I think a few wins will help us move up in the rankings, quicker than in the past, because our “brand” is improving because of this years good season, Mullen should be pre-season AA,  the national media  Tom Allen mojo, etc. 

We start out at Iowa. I have zero knowledge as to how much of the Cincinnati team returns but they are our third game. The Cinci game could be MUCH bigger than anticipated a few years ago and we could easily be top 15 IF we beat Iowa and Cinci. We also have Michigan and Minnesota at home which sets up very nicely for us.  

Already looking forward to next year.

10 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I also think we will be ranked but possibly in the 20-25 range. The thing that will be different, I hope, is that I think a few wins will help us move up in the rankings, quicker than in the past, because of this years good season, Mullen should be pre-season AA,  the national media mojo Tom Allen mojo, etc. 

We start out at Iowa. I have zero knowledge as to how much of the Cincinnati team returns but they are our third game. The Cinci game could be MUCH bigger than anticipated a few years ago and we could easily be top 15 IF we beat Iowa and Cinci. We also have Michigan and Minnesota at home which sets up very nicely for us.  

Have Ohio State and Minnesota at home. Michigan on the road. 

We used to have Michigan and OSU both at home or both on the road in any season, but this year we hosted the Harbaughs for the second year on a row. So apparently, we now owe them two straight at the Big House: we play there next season and in 2022. 

10 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I also think we will be ranked but possibly in the 20-25 range. The thing that will be different, I hope, is that I think a few wins will help us move up in the rankings, quicker than in the past, because our “brand” is improving because of this years good season, Mullen should be pre-season AA,  the national media mojo Tom Allen mojo, etc. 

Yes! We can talk all we want, but what happens on the field will define this program. Beat the teams we play, no matter who they are, and the rest will take care of itself.

42 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Have Ohio State and Minnesota at home. Michigan on the road. 

We used to have Michigan and OSU both at home or both on the road in any season, but this year we hosted the Harbaughs for the second year on a row. So apparently, we now owe them two straight at the Big House: we play there next season and in 2022. 

I googled our schedule for the next few years and that’s what came up. Bummer that it changed because I would like to have UM at home next year. 

On 1/4/2021 at 8:08 PM, Alford Bailey said:

If UC holds on to Fickel and Ridder comes back they will be damn good again. Bearcats should have beat Georgia. We better be ready to step up next season.

They need a lot of guys on defense to come back. I think there’s as many as 8-9 starters and a couple backups who would normally be out of eligibility. If they don’t have seniors come back my guess is it will be a bit of a rebuild year.