Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

56 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

I think Archie is done tbh. He may not be happy at IU. Would not be surprised if he came to an agreement with the university and just resigned quietly. 

I'm starting to think this is the case.  Why not just go be a millionaire at some other school with half the pressure and an administration maybe willing to play ball in the cesspool of basketball recruiting?

Both committed to Crean.  Archie needed bodies and was hired in late March, so would have been very difficult to gab other kids for the 2017-18 season.  All he did was get them to stay with their commitments.  He did not recruit them.   I'm not sure what your agenda is or is not, but those 3 kids were not Archie's recruits.

But he did recruit them. He recruited them to stay. He still wanted them. He could have easily let them go, maybe bring in a guy who had decommitted from Dayton or just went for a big 2018 class or grabbed some 1 year rental grad transfers. He had options. But he wanted Smith and Durham. And he’s been the only guy to coach them. Durham isn’t good enough to be a starter on a good IU team. Smith is, but he has no shooters around him because Archie hasn’t recruited any.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Like I said in the game thread, now would be a great time for a reality check. I’d literally walk into the locker room and say, “ We got the win. But you aren’t good. I’m not good. We need to change a lot. We need to get better. If you aren’t committed to that, leave now.”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If you watched the handshake line end I was expecting to see sober, maybe angry faces but several of the guys were smiling and laughing. During the game Seth Davis said someone needed to get angry/mad and lead this team.

Al did some of that and I kind of wonder if the exchange with smith and Archie on the bench wasn’t smith trying to do something similar.

But to many of these guys just don’t seem to have that edge. I bet they are great guys but sometimes you need that person who is going to chew you out if you are laughing right after winning a terrible game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Northwestern lost their two best players and pulled a guy off the lacrosse team to run their offense. If they had half the talent we did they’d be a top 25 team. Something is missing with Archie. I suspect he’s a one trick pony of a coach with zero ability to adapt his system.