Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

Dusty will be available by the end of the first weekend.
Izzo will lose in the first round.
I don’t think Purdue gets to the Final Four.
McNeese is the sleeper 
If you are never right about nothing else I hope purdue don't make the final four

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Michigan State not even being in the first four despite being the only at large with under 20 wins.

On FAU's 8 seed, I do think that the committee has a tendency to overseed a mid major at large if they had recent tournament success.  IMO Butler benefitted from that preivously (although Butler backed it up by winning on the court).

Did one of those guys just say they would like Northwestern’s chances against UConn or did I mis-hear that? No way, that is a terrible matchup for Northwestern and that would be a beating. 

6 minutes ago, Demo said:

Did one of those guys just say they would like Northwestern’s chances against UConn or did I mis-hear that? No way, that is a terrible matchup for Northwestern and that would be a beating. 

I thought I heard that too.. that whoever won that 8/9 game would have a great chance v UCONN 

I think FAU is capable of playing better than they have at times this year.  I know they are not going to be afraid of the lights and the stage.  They have to beat Northwestern first, and not saying they can beat UCONN but also not saying they can’t.

33 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Oklahoma was first team out.   St. John’s wasn’t even first 4 out 

Okay, no problem with that.  I put St. John's in my bracket not because I thought they deserved, thought that the committee might like them.

Big East with just three bids....Seton Hall, Providence, and St. John's on the wrong side of the bubble.  St. John's win over Seton Hall might have cost the Big East a bid.

16 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

I think FAU is capable of playing better than they have at times this year.  I know they are not going to be afraid of the lights and the stage.  They have to beat Northwestern first, and not saying they can beat UCONN but also not saying they can’t.

If they’re going to run n gun and make a dozen threes they can probably hang with anyone. But their defense has been so bad they don’t have much margin of error versus a team like UConn (or anyone).

2 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

#14. They lost to #12 Little Rock in 2016.

There's always next year. I'm rooting for him to get them all.

30 minutes ago, Demo said:

Northwestern won't get away with their "just full constantly" strategy.