Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

2 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

With the earlierest game, WAR has Mississippi State moving into the field, replacing Michigan State.  Hope the NCAA would consider today's game some because that is a heck of resume adder for Miss St.

Anything to knock MSU out would be a good thing. Poor little Izzo

Having most your wins in the B1G against the bottom of the conference and only going 1-7 (that would move to 3-7) against teams in the B1G that are tournament quality teams.  0 big wins in the non conference.   Nebraska went 13-5 in the B1G years ago and didn’t make it because all they did was beat up on the bottom of the barrel B1G teams 
I am calling it. If we win tonight and tomorrow we're in. I know your the expert but that championship game will be going on while their discussing who should be in. They will put us in the field. You heard it here first folks! I am no bracketoligist though lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

For ***** and giggles --

Movement in games from WAR today would move Mississippi State and Texas A&M into the tournament and drop Michigan State and TCU out of the tournament.

New Mexico loss tonight would drop them right to the bottom of the right side of the bubble but I would still have them in the tournament.   Oregon in mine moved safely in with their win over Arizona.  I had St. John's needing to beat U Conn to be in and they lost a close one.  South Florida still alive but on life support and would probably have to win the AAC tournament.  Providence had a chance to move in by beating Marquette but didn't.  Ohio State would have moved in with a win over Illinois.

33 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Solid bubble this year.    Some teams with good enough resumes to get in are going to get left out 

Agree, but it's not a bad thing if some deserving teams are left out.  It makes the regular season and the conference tournaments more important.  Just don't let the powers that be use a few bubble exclusions as an excuse to expand the Tournament in the future.  

WAR puts TCU back in the tournament, Texas A&M back out. 

Saying last 8 in are Oregon, Boise State, Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi State, Pittsburgh, Seton Hall. and TCU.

First 8 out:  Michigan State, Texas A&M, Providence, Syracuse, St. John's, Kansas State, Mississippi, and Ohio State.

I believe the committee will not take Oregon unless they win the Pac 12 tournament tomorrow but WAR likes them.  Also think it rates Pittsburgh higher than most.  On the other end, WAR doesn't like Michigan State or St. John's resume's all that much.

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

UConn should be the #1 overall seed entering the tourney followed by Purdue, Houston and North Carolina 

I know its said the committee doesn't place as much emphasis on the conf tournaments as we would think, but if Carolina loses tonight (which they're really flirting with) then you have North Carolina, Tennessee, Auburn, and Arizona who all lost to lesser opponents. Meanwhile you have Iowa State who pummeled Houston today. Think there is any shake up for that last 1 seed?

4 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

I know its said the committee doesn't place as much emphasis on the conf tournaments as we would think, but if Carolina loses tonight (which they're really flirting with) then you have North Carolina, Tennessee, Auburn, and Arizona who all lost to lesser opponents. Meanwhile you have Iowa State who pummeled Houston today. Think there is any shake up for that last 1 seed?

Auburn is still alive.  I think the 1line is set 

Purdue lost. Houston lost (blown out). UNC looks like they're going to lose. Have that many 1 seeds not won their conference tournaments before?

Great run by NC State.

lol.  Good luck trying to figure the mess out at the end of the bracket today with the last teams in the field.  Some good teams are going to get left out and with those spots that were taken last night the seeds in the First 4 could include the 10 seed line 

lol.  Good luck trying to figure the mess out at the end of the bracket today with the last teams in the field.  Some good teams are going to get left out and with those spots that were taken last night the seeds in the First 4 could include the 10 seed line 

Convenient timing for those wanting to expand the field. It’ll be the talking point of the week I think. How several good, deserving teams missed the dance.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app