Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) PF Trey Kaufman to Purdue

Two bottom line items (my opinion only):

1. We need to win, regardless of who is on the roster.  If Archie can't win without getting every Mr. Basketball, then he's not a very good coach.  This season is critical.

2. Everybody needs to accept the fact that message board "experts" are as reliable as a $2 watch.  They may have some insight, but people need to quit acting like those posters are providing anything more than educated guesses.

I'm not going to knock the kid for going where he thinks is best for him. Like most kids with NBA aspirations, this is a business decision, not an emotional one. We will fill the spot with someone else and move on.

Just now, Aaron said:

This next year will tell us if Archie is John Groce or something better. To early to tell but this is a big year and he cant have recruiting dry up. If we turn Kaufman into someone else good no problem but time to put up or shut up.

I’m pretty optimistic for this year. Lander will have his freshman moments but the reports have been good. A junior Phinisee is solid. Durham as a senior is solid. TJD, no explanation needed. Hunter was a guy that people considered a possible one-n-done that is finally healthy and has some experience under his belt. Race is a banger. Brunk can give us some solid play. Galloway IMO is cleanup guy that will leave everything on the floor. Leal has the IQ and the shot. And I have the same feeling about Geronimo that I had about Oladipo and Anunoby. I think he’ll raise some eyebrows.

I keep hearing what a great kids Kaufman is, but for him to commit to PU (IU's biggest rival) on Archie's birthday of all days (even if accidental) tells me he is a bit self centered and only cares about himself. Not that atypical of kids these days but he is certainly one of many kids personality and attitude wise and not anything special from a class standpoint.  

Hot Take

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

23 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I keep hearing what a great kids Kaufman is, but for him to commit to PU (IU's biggest rival) on Archie's birthday of all days (even if accidental) tells me he is a bit self centered and only cares about himself. Not that atypical of kids these days but he is certainly one of many kids personality and attitude wise and not anything special from a class standpoint.  

what

16 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

It’s quite a leap to insinuate he might not be the greatest kid. Who knows if he even knew it was Archie’s birthday? All indications are that he did his due diligence, is a smart kid and there were zero rumors of him looking for anything illegal $$$.

I will be disappointed if he goes to PU but disagree with the, sour grapes in my opinion, sentiments that he all the sudden is not a great kid, is selfish, wont play with x/y/z, etc.

He knows. When he announced what the date was it was explained to him what the day was by an assistant. Not that he’s a bad kid but can’t say he didn’t know. IU thought this was a good thing originally.

4 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

What’s odd is there is still absolutely no crystal ball movement.  For this high of a ranked kid this close to an announcement with this amount of chatter?  Just odd.  

Yep. Peegs has even mentioned the situation so he’s aware.  

2 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

What’s odd is there is still absolutely no crystal ball movement.  For this high of a ranked kid this close to an announcement with this amount of chatter?  Just odd.  

It’d be a sucker move at this point. If the leak is legit then their pick is a scam based in info everyone already has. If it’s all fake then they look like idiots. Most didn’t offer a pick so it’s best to stay away from this one. Which is what most of us should have done from jump. These college choice announcements are out of control, annoying AF and need to be ignored given that I suspect there’s little chance they will ever go away. 

12 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

It’d be a sucker move at this point. If the leak is legit then their pick is a scam based in info everyone already has. If it’s all fake then they look like idiots. Most didn’t offer a pick so it’s best to stay away from this one. Which is what most of us should have done from jump. These college choice announcements are out of control, annoying AF and need to be ignored given that I suspect there’s little chance they will ever go away. 

A lot of these dudes switch their picks or jump in at the last minute. 

11 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Well I get that’s how you feel and I am not disagreeing with your point.  I am just saying this isn’t normal.

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

A lot of these dudes switch their picks or jump in at the last minute. 

That’s what I am saying.  None of the National dudes are jumping in.  If the info was even remotely verifiable something would be out there.  I don’t know what to think often but those dudes can be like vultures with info and their picks.  Just a completely 2020 recruitment.  At this point nothing would surprise me.  I am for Indiana St.!

What are the chances that this is a misinformation attempt at the last minute to bring a little more hype to the recruitment?  It seems like it went from top 5 for awhile to a top 2 a week ago and that it was pretty much IU - pu?  The tweet about being an unpopular decision seems a little off but how long and how close is he to his AAU teammates at IU?  That's a tough decision to turn down IU, your friends, and a lot of people around you that want you to go to IU.  Good luck to him whatever his decision!  Hoping he becomes and exceptional player that represents that area of Indiana well.

Damn, it's decision day and I'm still reading and writing reviews on papers I understand very little about... college!