Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Devonte Green Suspension

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

College kids out at a bar at 12:15 am.
My cousin sent me a video but I couldn’t make out who it was. Looked like deron. My cousin is a senior at IU

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Only 12:15 a.m.? What were they doing at Sports so early?? Lol. 

I think De’ron and Devonte have always been close. They have quite a few pics on instagram together.

I’ve always liked De’ron as a person, but I think his basketball playing days are coming to an end. Devonte has been an enigma, that’s for sure.

I don’t think you will see either of these guys on the roster next year. For basketball purposes, I think that will only benefit our team.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who used to date the bartender at Kilroy's Sports. Davis ordered two Shirley Temples and Green started with a virgin Mary and followed with an O'Doul's. 

No harm, no foul. It's all good. 

It was terrible decision making on Devonte to break the rules and get suspended.  He deserves the suspension.  Hopefully he does his time and comes back stronger.

I don't get the vitriol though.  Also the disbelief that his friend was out with him.  I don't understand all the hate thrown towards the kids sacrificing themselves to this team.

Come back strong Devonte.

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who's dating the bartender at Kilroy's Sports. Davis ordered two Shirley Temples and Green started with a virgin Mary and followed with an O'Doul's. 

No harm, no foul. It's all good. 

And Devonte was caught smoking these:

image.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

It was terrible decision making on Devonte to break the rules and get suspended.  He deserves the suspension.  Hopefully he does his time and comes back stronger.

I don't get the vitriol though.  Also the disbelief that his friend was out with him.  I don't understand all the hate thrown towards the kids sacrificing themselves to this team.

Come back strong Devonte.

He makes mistakes on the court, so therefore he sucks........ but hey lets not cannibalize former players. Current ones are fine to do that to

On 1/23/2019 at 3:10 PM, DChoosier said:

I was at IU when that happened and we thought the official explanations were funny/bs.

We certainly could have been wrong but it was “interesting” that role players Baker/Cox/Roberson were kicked off while stars Woodson/Tolbert/Turner were suspended. 

They didn't inhale.

On 1/23/2019 at 5:37 PM, mamasa said:

I was a resident of Foster-Martin (late 80s) and there was still a lot of “activity” then

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Nothing has changed. I was at IU from 2006-2011 and let’s just say my income came from “party favors.” I was tight with one of the team managers and people would be shocked by some of the names. 

Edit: Don’t bother asking or sending a PM; I’m not going to say who they were. But, if it makes you feel better, we shouldn’t have to worry about players getting caught up in a transaction. Everything goes through the manager.

32 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

Nothing has changed. I was at IU from 2006-2011 and let’s just say my income came from “party favors.” I was tight with one of the team managers and people would be shocked by some of the names. 

Edit: Don’t bother asking or sending a PM; I’m not going to say who they were. But, if it makes you feel better, we shouldn’t have to worry about players getting caught up in a transaction. Everything goes through the manager.

Yikes...

Maybe our teams have sucked for years because they are on drugs lol. New rule should be you can only drink and do drugs if were ranked in top 20 and not during big 10 and ncaa tournament. Also have a booster pay for a night of drinking at the bar if we beat purdue or a top 5 team.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

17 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Yikes...

Hey, at least they were smarter than the Sampson players. Some of those idiots would’ve bought off a cop in uniform if the cop gave em a good enough story. 

I never asked the players but I was always convinced they had the testing rigged some way or another. You can partake occasionally and be clean in a day or two but there were a couple that definitely wouldn’t have been able to pass.

3 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Maybe our teams have sucked for years because they are on drugs lol. New rule should be you can only drink and do drugs if were ranked in top 20 and not during big 10 and ncaa tournament. Also have a booster pay for a night of drinking at the bar if we beat purdue or a top 5 team.

Lol I think that’s a fair compromise. AJ Ratliff used to get absolutely trashed on nights before games. It was very well known around campus and the couple times I saw it I honestly couldn’t believe he was standing the next day, let alone playing.

I dont think kids out drinking is a big deal and pot is not a big deal but it is against team rules so it is definitely a big deal. The big thing is we are on a losing streak so big i can't even recall what number it is so nobody on the team should be out drinking or smoking pot. I know they are kids and they are going to drink but come on. Hopefully Michigan went out and closed the bars down last night and get whooped tonight cause I am tired of my team looking like archie took them to nicks for drinks before warm up and the first 10 minutes of the game are our guys trying to sweat it out and sober up for second half

On 1/25/2019 at 3:52 PM, Bigred3588 said:

Lol I think that’s a fair compromise. AJ Ratliff used to get absolutely trashed on nights before games. It was very well known around campus and the couple times I saw it I honestly couldn’t believe he was standing the next day, let alone playing.

Ratliff was a kid who I thought was going to be outstanding. He sadly had some issues that he was never able to overcome, but the talent was there. Would be an interesting "where are they now".

30 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Ratliff was a kid who I thought was going to be outstanding. He sadly had some issues that he was never able to overcome, but the talent was there. Would be an inroads "where are they now".

Same here. He definitely never achieved his full potential. Last time I saw him was over by Eigenmann around 2013 and he was the size of a linebacker. He had a girlfriend in Bloomington that got pregnant and was still around town a lot at that point. 

20 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

Same here. He definitely never achieved his full potential. Last time I saw him was over by Eigenmann around 2013 and he was the size of a linebacker. He had a girlfriend in Bloomington that got pregnant and was still around town a lot at that point. 

Thanks for the info. When kids go through the kind of ups and downs that AJ did, you start worry about James Hardy types of outcomes.