Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IUBB @ Duke- 11/27 @ 9:30

Very concerned about both major sports programs. I am glad Fred got a nice up and close view of the **** product he has overseen.
It took glass 9 years to get rid of crean. He is not worroed in the least right now.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

It’s going to have to get worse before it gets better. At some point the clowns running things have to see what bad PR it is for the school to get embarrassed on national TV regularly. At some point the big boosters will have to raise some hell.

Yeah, and when is UK going to wake up and fire Cal? I mean that 34 point neutral court loss to Duke is horrid since Indiana only lost by 22 on the road!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Feels like Marquette was an aberration right about now, which sucks. A lot of variables in play right now so I’ll give them that, but we looked straight up intimidated out of the gate tonight. Looking for incremental improvement over the next couple weeks. No reason at all we shouldn’t see the type of play we did against Marquette. where did that pure determination and flow go?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

so much of this thread is laughable.

• injuries.
  • 2 true frosh starting at guards
  • on the road playing #3
  •  who has four 5star freshmen and the #1 recruiting class from last year
  • your most experienced leader in foul trouble

not sure what you expect in the first place. then compound that with

• your best weapon is 3-15 (0-3 long), he also led the team in RBs, which is another problem all in itself
  • starting 5 is 1-9 (starting guards are 1-8) from deep
  • FT% is 56%

Give the team a chance to get healthy. it's early.

the whiny stuff is off the hook tonight. save it for when we lose at home to a **** team. 

we'll be right there competing for the BIG at the end if we can get some guys back.

4 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

• injuries.
  • on the road playing #3

• your best weapon is 3-15 (0-3 long), he also led the team in RBs, which is another problem all in itself
  • FT% is 56%

the whiny stuff is off the hook tonight. save it for when we lose at home to a **** team. 

we'll be right there competing for the BIG at the end if we can get some guys back.

Lol yeah because the **** poor play just started tonight. 

• injuries.
  • on the road playing #3
  • FT% is 56%

We may lose the next four games. Yeah lets just relax.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Some of these guys giving up on these coaches and players are the same ones that said Luck was done and he should be be sitting after about the second or third game. Unreal!

Blueprint for Big 10 coaches to beat us tonight. Pressure full length, 3/4 court or at mid court. Somehow we forget the basics of passing and protecting the ball. I also think it is a huge mistake to not get Jake and Clifton more minutes. We need energy off the bench, and Smith as well as others just aren’t giving any. Arch should instill a policy of no energy = no playing time. I was most disappointed in this. Our players have to earn the Indiana on their chest.

7 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Unfortunatly the university administration doesn't care about athletics or glASS would be gone. They're like the Dallas Cowboys. It doesn't matter who they have they will always mess up because of Jerry Jones. As long as the seats fill at Memorial Stadium and Assembly Hall why do they care if they win or lose? glASS should have been fired for the Crean extenstion (what a joke that was...ONE good season in four years) and now the Tom Allen hire. I'm not concerned with basketball just yet. If this team misses the dance this year, that will change my mind. However, I like Archie and I think he is the right guy. Just didn't have it tonight. 

Did you watch the game or go to the game on Saturday?  There were literally thousands of empty seats....for Purdue, with a bowl game on the line.

Blueprint for Big 10 coaches to beat us tonight. Pressure full length, 3/4 court or at mid court. Somehow we forget the basics of passing and protecting the ball. I also think it is a huge mistake to not get Jake and Clifton more minutes. We need energy off the bench, and Smith as well as others just aren’t giving any. Arch should instill a policy of no energy = no playing time. I was most disappointed in this. Our players have to earn the Indiana on their chest.

I’ll disagree on the blue print. Any other team other than the Duke Monstars plays that way and it’s 50% as effective. The team is unreal athletic and talented. Coach K barely needs a game plan, especially at home against a pretty inexperienced squad.

I think a team like Virginia might give them fits if they can slow them down.

26 minutes ago, mookied39 said:

Did you watch the game or go to the game on Saturday?  There were literally thousands of empty seats....for Purdue, with a bowl game on the line.

and hopefully there is less next year!!! I don't get why someone would waste their Saturday going to an IU football game. The administration has showed that they don't care about football so why should the fans? 

25 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I’ll disagree on the blue print. Any other team other than the Duke Monstars plays that way and it’s 50% as effective. The team is unreal athletic and talented. Coach K barely needs a game plan, especially at home against a pretty inexperienced squad.

I think a team like Virginia might give them fits if they can slow them down.

Yes, not a lot of teams will match up with Duke. Gonzaga showed us they can. UNCheat, Virginia, Kansas. At least we played Duke better than pUKe. 

Yes, not a lot of teams will match up with Duke. Gonzaga showed us they can. UNCheat, Virginia, Kansas. At least we played Duke better than pUKe. 

Ooo Syracuse. That would be a fun game. Haven’t bothered to look, but I hope they play this year.

2 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

and hopefully there is less next year!!! I don't get why someone would waste their Saturday going to an IU football game. The administration has showed that they don't care about football so why should the fans? 

I do not disagree with you.  Just was stating that the stadium is not filled, and more money could be made with a better product.

Let's see here...

We were nowhere near as good as them.  Not making an excuse, but that looked exactly like college players against professional players.  Our guys doing their darndest to make a pass or hustle for a rebound (and usually failing), while their guys simply played over us.  

I don't like the way we handled the press defense that came at us early.  It shouldn't have been difficult for our ball handlers to get the ball across the line.  Even better would be if they exploited it with faster movement and open looks down court.

Rob Phinisee definitely took a step back, and it looks like he's next in line for an adjustment of expectations.  Bad passes, no shots to speak of, not great dribbling.  Nothing very point-guardy.  He was still better than Devonte.

Romeo's shooting was abyssmal.  But at least he was competing.  Getting rebounds.  Our best PG play came from him also, doing the simple act of drawing defenders and passing to the open guy.  I wish for him, and for our future recruiting, that he had a better night.  What can you say about this shooting slump?  My hope is that he finds his mojo soon, drops a 30 point game.  

Zach is a good basketball player.  Much more than just hustle.  

Let's talk guards.  Al has convinced me that he's a good player.  Rob needs time.  Green doesn't play very well.  Not that we have much of an offense, but even still he interrupts it with boneheaded plays.  For now I might sit Rob, play Al at the 1, but really put the ball in Romeo's hands more often.  Until we get an offense, might as well let Romeo see what's happening and make a play.  Maybe Archie could even watch and learn something.

Oops.  Yeah, I could stand to see a little more from the coaching.  Know that I want Archie to be our coach for 20 years.  He's got time to improve his coaching as a young guy.  And as much as some fans don't like it, you need to be patient and supportive.  What kinds of things don't I like about the coaching?  We don't have an offense.  We don't clear lanes for Romeo or Rob.  We have so much emphasis on transition offense and defense that everyone is too busy sprinting away from rebounds.  The guys don't seem to know how to use a screen or shot fake or pass fake, pick-and-rolls.  It's part system, and part that the guys aren't getting down the skills that work. 

Most of last night's turnovers I blame on the players more than the coaching.  Silly stuff.  Dribbling straight into the baseline and getting trapped.  Nerves.  Weak perimeter passes kill me.  

De'Ron looked like one of our better players last night.  If we had the personnel to play a high-flying help defense, then maybe I'd sit him.  But right now his old school, knee braced, sweating at the free-throw line, pounding post stuff kinda works.  I even liked his technical.  Someone needed to show some attitude out there.  

We're not the deep team we thought.  Pretty clear and gradual drop in talent from the top of the roster down.  

That's all.  Remember that most everyone expected a 20 point loss.  Well, that is what a 20 point loss looks like, and so don't be surprised by it.  You never look good getting beat by 20 points.  In no way should we be afraid of the coming games.  No team will have the talent that Duke has.  As much as I moan about the offense, I do want our defense to be our identity.  Let's get back to holding teams under 1.00 PPP and maybe keeping the ball until at least we get one shot off.  My worries right now have more to do with a tough B1G than a weak IU.  

Do you think Archie is young enough to be open minded regarding offensive pay? Meaning do you think he would be open to bringing in an assistant who is kind of like an OC in FB because he can be honest with himself enough to know he has some learning to do regarding that aspect of the game? It seems like Archie has made his bones in the defensive side of the ball and needs to grow a little offensively. Just throwing ideas out there for conversation’s sake.

1 minute ago, RatpigHoosier said:

Do you think Archie is young enough to be open minded regarding offensive pay? Meaning do you think he would be open to bringing in an assistant who is kind of like an OC in FB because he can be honest with himself enough to know he has some learning to do regarding that aspect of the game? It seems like Archie has made his bones in the defensive side of the ball and needs to grow a little offensively. Just throwing ideas out there for conversation’s sake.

Return of the shot doctor?