Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IUBB @ Duke- 11/27 @ 9:30

I like that IU has been so good at defending the 3-ball, which I think bodes well for them in this game. Duke, at times, has been a live/die by the 3 type of team early on in the season.

That being said, I don't have a great feeling about tomorrow.. I think Duke's athleticism, shot making ability, and quickness are going to all present major problems. Defenders must contain the freshmen playmakers and not let them drive to the bucket at will and get fouled or kick out for open looks, or it will be a looooong night. Getting position and taking charges as well as closing driving lanes are musts! Also, on the offensive end, this team MUST limit unforced turnovers.

I say IU keeps it closer than the last time they went to Cameron Indoor. Duke 83 - Indiana 74 

Side note - I'm actually going to the Duke - Stetson game at Cameron Indoor on Saturday (a buddy of mine got floor seats). First trip there. Really looking forward to it.

Can we stop RJ Barrett, Trey Jones, and Zion from driving at will?

That will decide the game.

Dukes fallback is forced drives from guys that are really good at it. Barrett can make an assortment of shots while driving.

I believe us not having a rim protector is one of several reasons why I’m pessimistic about this matchup.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Can we stop RJ Barrett, Trey Jones, and Zion from driving at will?

That will decide the game.

Dukes fallback is forced drives from guys that are really good at it. Barrett can make an assortment of shots while driving.

I believe us not having a rim protector is one of several reasons why I’m pessimistic about this matchup.

I think we will get killed inside. Honestly we are not playing well right now and it is a road game in a hostile enviroment. I simply cannot see how we stay within 20 of them. Hope I am wrong but i am not optimistic.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

We will be getting McBob back tomorrow night and we have been missing his intangibles/defense/leadership mightily since he's been out. I don't think most realize that he's lead us in efficiency in the games he's played and nobody has come close to him. He's going to make a HUGE difference for us! He won't be rattled at Duke either having been there several times already to watch his brother. Is there a chance we try to play a 2-3 and have them beat us with the 3? Otherwise we risk them driving at will and JMo getting in quick foul trouble early. I think I'm more optimistic than most in this game and don't think we'll get killed as bad as most think. I think we'll come to play and Archie will have a strong game plan ready and keep this within 12-15.

Keys for IU against Duke IMO

Make Zion shoot jumpers and handle the ball

Make Barrett shoot jump shots over getting to the rim

Make Reddish put the ball on the floor by running him off his spot

Block out Bolden and Zion to limit second chance points

Matchups

Phinisee - Jones

Romeo - Reddish

McBob - Barrett 

Smith - Williamson

Morgan - Bolden

This is a game that it would've been nice to have a healthy Race Thompson as a big body to help with Zion. Also Davis will be needed to bang with Bolden and Fitzner will be needed to get Bolden away from the rim. 

4 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Keys for IU against Duke IMO

Make Zion shoot jumpers and handle the ball

Make Barrett shoot jump shots over getting to the rim

Make Reddish put the ball on the floor by running him off his spot

Block out Bolden and Zion to limit second chance points

Matchups

Phinisee - Jones

Romeo - Reddish

McBob - Barrett 

Smith - Williamson

Morgan - Bolden

This is a game that it would've been nice to have a healthy Race Thompson as a big body to help with Zion. Also Davis will be needed to bang with Bolden and Fitzner will be needed to get Bolden away from the rim. 

As crazy as this may sound, those matchups are not as bad as I originally thought.