Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IUBB @ Duke- 11/27 @ 9:30

7 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

That video of Green hitting 13 3’s in a row during their warmups was pretty cool...

Would have been nice if he hit some that mattered. Lol in all seriousness the sky isn't falling. A p*ss poor effort is frustrating for sure. I love Archie but he didn't have this team ready. Part of that is on injuries and part of it is the fact that Duke is legit. College basketball has three of the best teams I've seen in a long long time (Duke, Kansas, Gonzaga) I think Tennessee and Nevada are loaded. It is very top heavy this year. That being said...this team has a long way to go. I'm not losing sleep because I knew this would be a loss. This team and program just isn't there yet. They need a good week of preparation and practice. Two B1G games and two power non-conference games coming up. I think all four are must wins to get the season going back in the right direction. 

2 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

We’re 13 points better thank UK, that’s how that works right?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We should probably get an extra ten points for playing at Duke.

3 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

I mean this in the best way possible, but Romeo is just too “nice” to be a program changer alone. I know it’s his personality and humble is admirable. But you almost have to have an edge to you to really enforce your will on an opponent and take a game over. I just don’t see a killer instinct. 

He is a heck of a player and is a program changer but I don't see the one and done potential. I'm not a prep school fan and prefer high school basketball but if you want to be a "one and done" prep school is the best route for that. I think Oden, Conley, Gordon, and Lyles are the only IHSAA one and dones. Zeller, Gary Harris, Swanigan, and others needed a few years of college. That may be the case with Romeo. I think he will be a top ten prospect but will have an interesting decision to make. Romeo probably only played a few future NBA players last year. He would have played them every night at a prep school. But let's not get crazy folks, he is a program changer. 

Good response from the team in the second half. Reassuring to see. Plenty to improve upon, but this Duke team is more talented than the 2011-2012 UK team. First half was an absolute embarrassment and the TOs unacceptable, but we have some fight and talent. And Archie very clearly can see where our flaws exist.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

What? No, smh, there was no sign of fight nor any sign of Archie clearly seeing where our flaws exist. What does that even mean?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Archie has a lot to do. Perhaps it’s time he got started 

Tonight is probably the most frustrated I've been with him in his 18 months here (which is good considering Crean p*ssed me off all the time during his first season). Can't lay an egg like that on National TV against a contender. This team should be embarassed for that. No fight in the first half. Have to get better fast. No room for error these next four games. 

6 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Very concerned about both major sports programs. I am glad Fred got a nice up and close view of the **** product he has overseen.

Unfortunatly the university administration doesn't care about athletics or glASS would be gone. They're like the Dallas Cowboys. It doesn't matter who they have they will always mess up because of Jerry Jones. As long as the seats fill at Memorial Stadium and Assembly Hall why do they care if they win or lose? glASS should have been fired for the Crean extenstion (what a joke that was...ONE good season in four years) and now the Tom Allen hire. I'm not concerned with basketball just yet. If this team misses the dance this year, that will change my mind. However, I like Archie and I think he is the right guy. Just didn't have it tonight. 

11 hours ago, IUrocker said:

My off the top of my head keys for IU: 

1. Juwan and Romeo take it to their next level on a big time stage. 

2. Rob plays cool and collected.

3. McRoberts and Green are back

4. Justin Smith found his big boy pants under his bed. 

Well shoot, the only keys to the game I had that actually happened were that McRoberts and Green played, lol

It’s going to have to get worse before it gets better. At some point the clowns running things have to see what bad PR it is for the school to get embarrassed on national TV regularly. At some point the big boosters will have to raise some hell.

It will certainly make recruiting more challenging for Archie in the least. Recruits want to play in March.

UNC, Kansas, Duke, Kentucky make the NCAA no matter how bad they are. And yeah, I know Kentucky missed the NCAA that one year. Lol.

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

It will certainly make recruiting more challenging for Archie in the least. Recruits want to play in March.

UNC, Kansas, Duke, Kentucky make the NCAA no matter how bad they are. And yeah, I know Kentucky missed the NCAA that one year. Lol.

Yeah it took an injury and their worst recruiting class in the Cal years. Very perfect storm. 

It’s going to have to get worse before it gets better. At some point the clowns running things have to see what bad PR it is for the school to get embarrassed on national TV regularly. At some point the big boosters will have to raise some hell.
They seem to thinking playing duke is great but its not.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Maybe we will have a really good shot at beating them next year at home in the IU/North Carolina or Duke Challenge. 
You got it cause we could finish last in tge big ten and still get them.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk