Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SG Brandon Newman to Purdue

6 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I feel like I am going to have to wait until the end of this class to really evaluate it. Lots of top 3s and 4s.

Newman is a solid player. I like him better than Franklin. And because of that I selfishly don’t want him at Purdue or OSU which indirectly tells me I’d be happy to get him.

Ramsey is a different kind of player.

Seems like a 3 or 4 person class.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah I don't dislike Newman, he is better than Franklin.  Hopefully we get Bouknight or Ramsey, although the latter seems to be the type of kid that doesn't come to IU.

Regardless, I've never been one for the "bird in the hand" philosophy.  We should strive to be a better program than that.

9 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Newman is a solid player. I like him better than Franklin. And because of that I selfishly don’t want him at Purdue or OSU which indirectly tells me I’d be happy to get him.

Hard to see him at OSU with them leading with Liddell for their last scholarship. Can not recall Holtmann pushing kids out at Butler either.

On 9/2/2018 at 4:17 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I feel like I am going to have to wait until the end of this class to really evaluate it. Lots of top 3s and 4s.

Ramsey is a different kind of player.

Seems like a 3 or 4 person class.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Seems like a three person class for the November signing period, and a fourth in the spring if it's a truly high-end recruit, and if we have room.

Why does this seem the most likely outcome? Because this IU staff routinely does what makes the most sense and is the highest value outcome for IU, and that's the optimum scenario!

Sooooo.....Maybe TJD, Keion, and Franklin/Newman for November, and add a Ramsey or Stewart, if there's room, in April. Now, if Ramsey or Stewart wanted to jump on board in November, it's gonna be time to scrap the plan in favor of a dream scenario!

Sure as heck beats adding (Jeremiah) April in April.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Seems like a three person class for the November signing period, and a fourth in the spring if it's a truly high-end recruit, and if we have room.

Why does this seem the most likely outcome? Because this IU staff routinely does what makes the most sense and is the highest value outcome for IU, and that's the optimum scenario!

Sooooo.....Maybe TJD, Keion, and Franklin/Newman for November, and add a Ramsey or Stewart, if there's room, in April. Now, if Ramsey or Stewart wanted to jump on board in November, it's gonna be time to scrap the plan in favor of a dream scenario!

This is what I've been thinking for a while and it feels like it could realistic.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere recently that Stewart wanted to commit before his senior season starts. 

20 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere recently that Stewart wanted to commit before his senior season starts. 

This is true per a recent article. Wants to get it out of the way before his season starts.

SIAW

Jake‏Verified account @jakeweingarten 

Ohio State will host 2019 four-star Brandon Newman for an official visit on September 22nd-23rd, source tells Stockrisers. Indiana gets official from Newman this weekend.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

SIAW

Jake‏Verified account @jakeweingarten 

Ohio State will host 2019 four-star Brandon Newman for an official visit on September 22nd-23rd, source tells Stockrisers. Indiana gets official from Newman this weekend.

Is it just me or does it seem like Memphis and O$U have unlimited scholarships?

7 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Is Newman still visiting this weekend? I've seen it thrown around on social media the visit is cancelled after the Franklin commitment.

He canceled it or we canceled it. Just in the best interest of both that he doesn't come down. He wasn't going to the same school as Franklin so why waste either of our time.

Yeah I did not even think we were a player for Franklin. I thought we were mostly after newman.

I liked both Franklin and Newman and hoped we would get one of them. That CAM flipped Franklin from a near Purdue lock to an IU commit in a weekend speaks volumes about our coach. Franklin might not be the best player we are after, but he may be the most important in terms of what he contributes over multiple seasons. 

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Yeah I did not even think we were a player for Franklin. I thought we were mostly after newman.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Yep. Hard to tell the behind the scenes stuff. we get caught up in message board or "expert" beliefs that we create a false hierarchy of needs/wants for the coaching staff.

Like, we've all but moved on, in our discussions, from Trendon Watford, but the coaching staff may be after him as hard as ever.

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Or maybe not so much.

16 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

That's the point.

This kind of goes back to last year when it was noted that Arch didn't make a late visit with Garland.  At the time I suspected that the staff had a good indication (one way or another) about our chances with Darius.  We all know it but tend to forget that they (Arch and staff) have a better read on what a recruit may be thinking and how a given recruit would fit or be used here. Then again they claim to have had no certainty until Romeo announced.

6 hours ago, cthomas said:

I liked both Franklin and Newman and hoped we would get one of them. That CAM flipped Franklin from a near Purdue lock to an IU commit in a weekend speaks volumes about our coach. Franklin might not be the best player we are after, but he may be the most important in terms of what he contributes over multiple seasons. 

per the indy star article, Armaan is up to 6'5" now and he has a really good frame. that's some really good size for a guard that could play the 1, 2 or 3.