Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SG Brandon Newman to Purdue

1 hour ago, Bailey7878 said:

I'm just wondering when the heck we will get a verbal.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I would like to have at least one, but I’m confident Arch will close some of these top players. We are in good position with many and players are waiting. After we have a great season, these quality top 50 type players will commit sooner. Plus we will have the advantage of recruiting them for a longer period of time.

26 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’ll panic when:

We miss

1. (TJD/Stewart)
2. (Hurt)
3. (Brooks/Watford)

I wish we had a better guard in the mix because I don’t love those that are left that we are after. But if we get 2 of the above it will be an A+ recruiting class. If we get 1 of these guys and let’s say 2 of (Newman, Shadrick, Bouknight, Franklin) it would be a B or B+ class.

But until TJD, Brooks, Watford, Hurt, Stewart commit I’m not going to panic. We miss all 5 of these guys.......I won’t be a happy guy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What about Zeke?

I’ll panic when:

We miss

1. (TJD/Stewart)
2. (Hurt)
3. (Brooks/Watford)

I wish we had a better guard in the mix because I don’t love those that are left that we are after. But if we get 2 of the above it will be an A+ recruiting class. If we get 1 of these guys and let’s say 2 of (Newman, Shadrick, Bouknight, Franklin) it would be a B or B+ class.

But until TJD, Brooks, Watford, Hurt, Stewart commit I’m not going to panic. We miss all 5 of these guys.......I won’t be a happy guy.

Yep way too early to worry unless other dominos start happening like you posted. This way every year on forums. I agree on your five.

12 hours ago, Kepner said:

I could see Purdue getting Newman and Franklin both.

They’ll have a shot. Newman and Franklin will be on campus next weekend in addition to Isaiah Thompson and Mason Gillis. 

6 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Due to my mother’s health, my family and I have decided that it is best for me that I return to Valparaiso, IN and re-enroll at Valparaiso High School
Brandon Newman

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wow that’s too bad and a serious sea change in his plans.

42 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Due to my mother’s health, my family and I have decided that it is best for me that I return to Valparaiso, IN and re-enroll at Valparaiso High School
Brandon Newman

Wow.  Hope everything is ok with mama, but also glad he comes back to Indiana to play his senior year.

I feel like I am going to have to wait until the end of this class to really evaluate it. Lots of top 3s and 4s.

Newman is a solid player. I like him better than Franklin. And because of that I selfishly don’t want him at Purdue or OSU which indirectly tells me I’d be happy to get him.

Ramsey is a different kind of player.

Seems like a 3 or 4 person class.