Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Post Game Discussion: Indiana - 68 vs Seton Hall - 84

I wish Phinisee could enroll at the semester. That would be amazing. We all know Archie can teach defense. Next year he will have a guy to take care of the ball too. This 3-4 years till we're good again talk is wayyyy too premature.
Getting rid of the crean holdovers will help a lot.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

This blowout loss is much different from the first blowout loss of the year.  The first one was horrendous.  Nothing worked as we didn't even look competitive on our own court. 

This one doesn't hurt as bad.  It was on the road and we showed tenacity.  This time the talent excuse works.

We've showed continued progress.  That's all I ask out of my golf game, that's all I'd ask out of our team.

I'm mostly confident that we are going to see the program make significant strides in the next couple of seasons.  I've been totally impressed with what Miller has done so far, but the only doubt is that I felt this way when Crean took over.

There is a reason why Crean was fired right? It wasn't just about peaking at sweet 16 it was also the down cycles.

This was his down cycle with good but not great recruits coming in.

I expected more this year but am not at all worried about Archie and what he will likely do here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You really need to go back and look at the records of some great coaches on Wikipedia...Izzo, Donovan, Roy, S. Miller, Matta, Marshall, etc.  It usually wasn't until year 2 before they were decent and year 3 when they really got rolling.  It's not easy implementing a new system.  We'll be better next season and respectable at least.   We'll be rolling in year 3.

That can go with any coach though, not just great ones. Look at Tom Crean's 3rd years and 4th years and understand what I mean.

Imo an elite coach can win big with another coaches recruits too. He can coach whomever he's got. Hopefully Archie becomes one of these.

Regardless of results right now, I like what I’m seeing from Archie. We have seen improvement from game to game. He is using the bench as a tool And has something competent coming out of timeouts. This is the first coaching hire since coach Knight was fired that I actually believe is the right guy. I gave all of them a chance but doubted. To me Archie gets it and will have us where we want to be, it just takes time. 

You really need to go back and look at the records of some great coaches on Wikipedia...Izzo, Donovan, Roy, S. Miller, Matta, etc.  It usually wasn't until year 2 before they were decent and year 3 when they really got rolling.  It's not easy implementing a new system.  We'll be better next season and respectable at least.   We'll be rolling in year 3.

A recent example of this would be Minnesota. 2 years ago they won 2 big 10 games and (8-23)overall but were competitive at the end of year games. 3 star freshman Jordan Murphy and sophomore mason played big minutes. They took there lumps but competed. The next year no one expected much but they added a transfer (Lynch) and brought in the hometown top 50 kid Coffey and surprised everyone with a 24-10 record. Watching them this year they have put it all together so far. As impressed as I was with Michigan st against duke, Minny will give them fits and has a roster that was built over a couple years that will give them a chance in March

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

That can go with any coach though, not just great ones. Look at Tom Crean's 3rd years and 4th years and understand what I mean.

Imo an elite coach can win big with another coaches recruits too. He can coach whomever he's got. Hopefully Archie becomes one of these.

If you're gift wrapped a great roster like Mike Davis, Tubby, Weber, and Kevin Ollie were then yes.  Otherwise it's highly unlikely.   We'd be lucky to make the NIT this season with Crean as coach and the entire roster was recruited to play his system, not Archies.

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

Archie is coaching another coaches recruits. There is zero elite talent on this roster. The only quality players are young and need experience, they aren’t the Duke/UK type young players that are NBA talents. Coach K, Izzo, Brad Stevens, Steve Kerr, Pop, Phil Jackson, Knight, and Any other elite coach is not going to win big with this group. That’s just reality. Archie is doing a good job so far....steady improvement from game to game. 

I thought we played better today, then the previous two games before. Our guys actually looked like they knew what they were doing. We just gotta keep improving.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If you're gift wrapped a great roster like Mike Davis, Tubby, Weber, and Kevin Ollie were then yes.  Otherwise it's highly unlikely.   We'd be lucky to make the NIT this season with Crean as coach and the entire roster was recruited to play his system, not Archies.

I feel you're going to extremes here. I'm not talking about Final Four results, I'm just not looking to get blown out on our own home court by ISU.

I was just responding to the post.

Just got home from the game. Really happy with what I saw.

- Al Fooooking Durham. Damn he’s gonna be great for us over the years. Kid is so good at drawing fouls and getting to the rim.

- Devonte Green is going to be the Shabazz Napier style boss.... next year. He’s so aggressive and confident, but has a few mistakes to learn from still. Loved his shoeless steal.

- Worried about Davis. Sure he was up against a very good future NBA center, but he was fairly non-existent. Think he’s still a year out from being dominant against better comp.

- Justin Smith needs to not hesitate before going up when he’s in the paint, but love everything else from him

- Newkirk and RoJo... damn it’s sad to watch. RoJo played some solid defense and ended up with a decent stat line, but some of his mistakes were unacceptable for a Senior. Newkirk needs to start taking classes and his job search very seriously...

- Defense looked very strong overall. Shaky to start, and shaky once Seton Hall’s talent pushed them over the brink and knocked the wind out of us, but it looked organized and aggressive for much of the first half.

- Poise was there in the first half. Came back from 9 and 12 point leads, I believe. Very well done.

I’m really excited about the pieces we have on the team that will be in place next year with more of Archie’s players.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

I feel you're going to extremes here. I'm not talking about Final Four results, I'm just not looking to get blown out on our own home court by ISU.

I was just responding to the post.

This team under Crean would’ve been a dumpster fire. They’re turnover prone to begin with, can’t shoot, defense is a work in progress, and doesn’t have a take-over/playmaker.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app