Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Just now, CR3AMnCR1MS0N said:

Hahaha. Definitely was not accusing of that. It's a valid point that moves can affect the family. I feel awful for the Crean kids and hope none of our future coaches' families have to go through that here.

I was just kidding and completely agree with you. Society definitely has it's dark sides (kids being unfairly treated based on who their parents are) and this is one of them

17 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

I am married and a dad and that is very insightful. I, like many fans, sometimes forget that part of the job and how these people are affected. 

My mom always worked with college students so growing up around her office and being the cute little kid to them definitely had its advantages and drawbacks. With that said I NEVER faced anything like either Crean's kids did or Archie's kid might with famous parents and I doubt anyone on this board has.

Definitely what you do as a career affects your whole family in every aspect and it's something people have to remember whenever they get married and have kids.

Great presser! Loved his comments about family, toughness, character, and having to outwork others to get what you want. Loved the 3 levels he discussed--remembering our past--valuing our current players and how they are now his players and he wants them to reach their dreams and get a degree --and finally recruiting inside/out --meaning start with Indiana in-state recruiting before moving further out. I love his in-state priority! I also loved his high expectations for our current players--inside and outside the classroom. Welcome--Archie-- to The Hall and the greatest basketball family in the world. We are ready for Arch Madness--pun intended. We have been waiting for someone to get us all the way back--we are ready for you to take us there!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Last comment on presser--some coaches like Crean are more salesman-like in their approach with the media. There's nothing wrong with that. Archie seemed lower-key, genuine and all coach in his comments. This no-nonsense style will be a nice change. Archie wasn't my first or even second choice but I am certainly on board. Excited for the future! Go Hoosiers!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Anyone feel bad for Archie's kid in the picture?
I think she's about 12-13 (just a guess based on the photograph) and to have to transfer schools mid-year with your dad being the most famous person in town cannot be easy especially at that age when life is already complicated. Hopefully she's a strong girl who is comfortable with who she is. As Crean's kids learned, the way they are treated in school by some people is directly affected by how much their dad wins.
Ironically I have not been married or had kids yet and that thought still crossed my mind.

I wouldn't be surprised she finishes school out in Dayton. Our school yr ends first week of May because of no snow days. Of course we don't do week long String breaks either.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

I wouldn't be surprised she finishes school out in Dayton. Our school yr ends first week of May because of no snow days. Of course we don't do week long String breaks either.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

I wondered about that but even if she starts anew in the fall in Bloomington everything I said applies in terms of the pressure of being the coaches kid and how tough that could be.

Very nice move by Archie showing he's not afraid to swap words with former players even if they wanted someone else.

I personally hope he calls Dakich out and tells him to shut the hell up. But it is in his best interest to keep things calm for now lol. Hopefully he gives the Izzo treatment to him eventually.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app