Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

I know every player has a right to test his draft status -- and I'm cool with that. But I can't help but chuckle when I see that four dudes from an 18-16 team that finished 10th in its conference and lost its only NIT game have declared for the NBA. Cracks me up! 

16 minutes ago, indy317219 said:

At what point are players accountable for results? I find it hard to believe the pass they are given. Coaches coach, players execute or they don't and then we blame the coaching staff?

They're not free of blame, but when it's a persistent issue over multiple years/rosters then yes it's a coaching issue.

1 hour ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I still think OG is the only one gone

I think that is ultimately going to be true as well, but at that point something has to give roster wise.  Even if O.G. is the only one to leave and only Durham recommits, we are over by one.

5 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I think that is ultimately going to be true as well, but at that point something has to give roster wise.  Even if O.G. is the only one to leave and only Durham recommits, we are over by one.

I thought OG leaving meant IU had one to give?

I know every player has a right to test his draft status -- and I'm cool with that. But I can't help but chuckle when I see that four dudes from an 18-16 team that finished 10th in its conference and lost its only NIT game have declared for the NBA. Cracks me up! 

Yep, me too. It's ludicrous.

My gut instinct.

OG 100% gone, obviously
JBJ 90% gone
TB 50/50
Rojo 0% unless he transfers or something silly.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

We lose no one. OG ship would go to Durham in that case so we would be even unless you are including Justin Smith in there. Smith is still ours. 100% positive he isn't going anywhere.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I'll assume TB and JBJ are gone. Newkirk/Green at the point. Rojo at the 2. DD pounding the paint (after an off-season of conditioning, which only makes him better) JM at the 4. ? Smith fills in at the 3? That's not terrible for a starting 5.

Just need them to play as a team and buy in on defense.

(Correct me if I forgot someone or u think someone else could start. It's all fun. It's Miller Time!)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, jgries84 said:

I'll assume TB and JBJ are gone. Newkirk/Green at the point. Rojo at the 2. DD pounding the paint (after an off-season of conditioning, which only makes him better) JM at the 4. ? Smith fills in at the 3? That's not terrible for a starting 5.

Just need them to play as a team and buy in on defense.

(Correct me if I forgot someone or u think someone else could start. It's all fun. It's Miller Time!)

Hartman will start if we lose TB and JBJ

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If TB tries to leave, and I wouldn't be shocked if he did, we will really be lacking in size and size depth. Clifton Moore would help most in that case.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

True but while he is 6'10", both he and his coach said not to expect him to bang down low with the bigs in college.  He's more of a perimeter player, probably tries to emulate Kevin Durant like every other skinny 6'8"+ kid.

I'm hoping that can be fixed with some attitude re-adjustment and offseason workouts because I'd like to see him on our roster.

37 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Not with 3 NLI's still technically signed.

True. I think the ideal scenario would be to lose OG and Gelon and add Smith and Durham. Balances out the classes a bit and makes this team super dangerous next season

Proud of all these guys. They're doing everything they can to fulfill their dreams. It sickens me when our own fans crap all over the players for wanting some feedback. I'm already seeing it on twitter and now on here. You guys would be doing the exact same thing in their position.

What those people don't realize is that it has the potential to help IU out if JBJ, RoJo, and TB all get high quality feedback and are able to use it to improve their games over the course of another season.