Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Feathery

IU Candidate: Billy Donovan (OKC Thunder)

I feel like a school girl on prom night right now. This and the DD stuff is only adding to the excitement. If we get him I would forgive Glass for whatever he does in the future or now. If Donovan cant bring us back I wont jump on his back like crean I will simply accept IU may not be elite anymore, but i am almost positive that doesnt happen

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Not sure but if you search Billy D to Indiana on there about halfway down a cpl guys say the Billy D to IU rumors are from Orlando. Most likely a paper. Could be a guess by them by I saw it from a few people.

That guy came back and said it wouldn't happen because Crean's kid will be a walk-on at IU for baseball... yeah.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

29 minutes ago, BtownBanner6 said:

I don't think people are saying we don't have the money it's more about if the powers that be are willing to spend it.

The money spent on his contract would be paid back tenfold if he has the kind of success we're expecting him to have. If we were bringing in money with Crean as the coach imagine what we would bring in with Billy D making deep tournament runs. 

On 2/20/2017 at 9:28 PM, smpenny2009 said:

Ran across this on twitter a few minutes ago. I guess the guy is a Orlando Columist. Don't have any confidence in IU to actually pursue such a big name but it was an interesting headline grab nonetheless. We can wish can't we?ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1487644021.278779.jpg
ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1487644060.483859.jpg

I think is what you are looking for.

The money spent on his contract would be paid back tenfold if he has the kind of success we're expecting him to have. If we were bringing in money with Crean as the coach imagine what we would bring in with Billy D making deep tournament runs. 

He would bring even more attention nationally than we have now. We probably get quite a few new band wagoners too. Heck just from the excitement from normal fans buying up IU stuff will bring in a lot. He will also get us in some marquee games in non conference that Crean doesnt sides maybe 1 or 2.

Still think Billy D is a long shot. I don't think I can handle getting geeked over a Billy D rumor, only to find out that we hire some underwhelming, unproven mid tier guy. I'll temper my expectations, personally. If we do land Donovan, I'll be the first to flip the fu** out.

Still think Billy D is a long shot. I don't think I can handle getting geeked over a Billy D rumor, only to find out that we hire some underwhelming, unproven mid tier guy. I'll temper my expectations, personally. If we do land Donovan, I'll be the first to flip the fu** out.

Very good point. If we expect him and get Archie it would take away how good of a coach we just got cause we were expecting Billy D. Until a major media guys says something I am gonna TRY to chill. Key word TRY