Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

10 minutes ago, Demo said:

As long as Lewis has known Sarkisian, he’s known Indiana quarterbacks coach Tino Sunserieven longer.

“Coach Tino is my guy,” Lewis has told 247Sports in the past. “I’ve known him since I was eight-years old. He’s honestly the first college coach to notice me.”

Lewis is looking to visit Indiana in the near future. Michigan is the new program to the equation, coming off a national championship.

Ok, I’m as optimistic as anyone about the new regime and things seem to be going really well, but c’mon. That looks ridiculous in print. 

So odd seeing IU listed among those other schools. Especially when it's a QB. It's nice but I'm not going to hold my breath in anticipation of him choosing IU.

Also, he's a USC commit? As in, still "committed" to them. Seeing how he's still not only considering other schools but also planning visits, that "commitment" looks so weak as to be worthless. I would look at it more as the current leader.

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I laughed out loud when I saw this earlier. Couldn’t even bring myself to post it here. 

Yup. And football recruiting is clearly different than basketball, but in basketball when some kid puts out a list of 5 big time schools and East Bumphrey Nowhere State it’s fairly shocking how often they pull the EBNS hat. They’re on that list for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

So odd seeing IU listed among those other schools. Especially when it's a QB. It's nice but I'm not going to hold my breath in anticipation of him choosing IU.

Also, he's a USC commit? As in, still "committed" to them. Seeing how he's still not only considering other schools but also planning visits, that "commitment" looks so weak as to be worthless. I would look at it more as the current leader.

Yeah, never been able to get my mind around the substance of football “commitments.” Basketball de-commits are rare and almost always tied to an obvious factor. Football commits are just compl,etely meaningless. 

1 minute ago, Demo said:

Yeah, never been able to get my mind around the substance of football “commitments.” Basketball de-commits are rare and almost always tied to an obvious factor. Football commits are just compl,etely meaningless. 

So are the offers honestly. Football recruiting is a non-sensical mess. A good recruiting director is probably worth a coordinator’s salary. 

You’re usually just better off waiting til week 1 and seeing who trots out there because even during fall camp guys will take off. 

Name to keep an eye on for the '24 class is DL Mikeshun Beeler from Chicago Simeon.  Recently received an offer from Coach Buddha and discussed visiting this weekend (not sure if it materialized with the weather.). He will be announcing his decision during the February signing period.

To date, he has  received mostly MAC level offers/interest sprinkled with a few lower tier Power 5 offers.

https://247sports.com/Player/mikeshun-beeler-46129593/

https://n.rivals.com/content/athletes/mikeshun-beeler-299387?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHI2Ayod0GB4XpvPC0Tf9A2n0v9ckDUMBqZoYD4xSIJbfPpVsMDr_gsXJMfi93wKXmf2D9WsHhrZncYInPyCR53ld6gKB2Mj7DaWN_VmK4zOyIBBjxGWuqzBxsbbWIT9sUFmwd2wfqoj6V24u4kZbt_L6k2dg1fUpiIwMvse6RK9&view=pv

On 1/20/2024 at 11:08 AM, MemphisHoosier said:

Name to keep an eye on for the '24 class is DL Mikeshun Beeler from Chicago Simeon.  Recently received an offer from Coach Buddha and discussed visiting this weekend (not sure if it materialized with the weather.). He will be announcing his decision during the February signing period.

To date, he has  received mostly MAC level offers/interest sprinkled with a few lower tier Power 5 offers.

https://247sports.com/Player/mikeshun-beeler-46129593/

https://n.rivals.com/content/athletes/mikeshun-beeler-299387?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHI2Ayod0GB4XpvPC0Tf9A2n0v9ckDUMBqZoYD4xSIJbfPpVsMDr_gsXJMfi93wKXmf2D9WsHhrZncYInPyCR53ld6gKB2Mj7DaWN_VmK4zOyIBBjxGWuqzBxsbbWIT9sUFmwd2wfqoj6V24u4kZbt_L6k2dg1fUpiIwMvse6RK9&view=pv

According to 247 he has offers from Oregon, Texas AM, Nebraska, PU, Georgia Tech (not shabby at all) and, as you stated, a bunch of mid-majors.

2 hours ago, Demo said:

Isaac Sowells’ SON with an offer. Feeling old as hell just now. 

Also makes me feel old 

Saw of 247 that we are the 11th P5 school to offer him.  He goes to Louisville Male and has an offer from Louisville but who knows if he wants to stay home. 

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

A serious staff coming together here.

Coach Cig has experience with a culture of winning at multiple programs. This completely makes sense because he fully understands what it takes from top to bottom and all things in between. Hopefully this all pans out for us IUFB faithful, we have been yearning for a taste of success.

2024 schedule released 

vs. Florida International Panthers

Saturday, August 31, 2024

vs. Western Illinois Leathernecks

Saturday, September 7, 2024

at UCLA Bruins

Saturday, September 14, 2024

vs. Charlotte 49ers

Saturday, September 21, 2024

vs. Maryland Terrapins

Saturday, September 28, 2024

at Northwestern Wildcats