Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) PF Clifton Moore Jr. to IU

We want to be like the Elite teams we once were a part of 40 years ago. Everybody always talks about the Oladipo and OG diamond in the rough players. Yeah, I like those guys too, but if we want to be consistently good year after year, we are going to need those type of players along side the Ones we keep missing. Too many what ifs for my liking.
Just because we land top 20 recruits doesn't mean Oladipo doesn't turn into a stud or OG doesn't come here. We have room for all of them. It's the offering scholarships early to way too many average kids that shouldn't even be on our radar . It's ending up with projects because we miss on Indiana's finest that bothers me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Sounds like a lot of people want us to be Indiana, but also want us to recruit like UK and Arizona and Kansas and UNC.

I say we just wait and see what happens with this kid, and maybe we'll all end up with less egg on our face.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'd be happy to be like Duke. Lots of talent mixed in with experience. They will win again this year.

Temple: “I like Coach Aaron McKie. I went to one of their summer camps and the coaches at Temple liked me. When they gave me interest, I was also interested in their program as well,” he said. “Coach Dunphy seems like he wants all of his guys to be successful. Coach McKie was a very friendly person. He gave me advice on basketball as well as tips to take with me beyond the recruiting process.”

Northwestern: “They have been following me since the summer and they like my game. The academics and the basketball there is a really good combination,” he said. “The coaches see my potential and respect me as a basketball player and as a student.”

Indiana: “When the coaching staff came earlier during the summer and saw my skillset, they liked the fact that I was young and had lots of potential,” he said. “Coach Crean cared about my development as soon as he saw me play and he gave me tips to improve my game from the start. He told me he knows how to use me on the court and he said he can get me better and maximize my full potential.”

Ole Miss: “Ole Miss saw me the last couple of days during the live period and they instantly saw my talent. They showed me some film of one of their players and they made it clear that they could see me doing that on the floor,” he said. “They said they have a good group of players and that I have a chance to play right away.”

St. Joseph’s: “The campus is somewhat familiar because it is close to my house. They were one of the earliest programs to show interest during last season and they kept track of me during the spring and summer,” he said. “When I went on an unofficial visit to the school, everyone naturally got along with one another and the coaches acted as if they had been around each player for their whole life.”

Lafayette: “They were the first school to give me interest and they actually ended up being the first to offer too. The coaches are very friendly and easy to talk to,” he said. “They have good academics and the coaches there mainly focus on building relationships with the players.”

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/news_article/show/699749?referrer_id=2306206

5 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

I'd be happy to be like Duke. Lots of talent mixed in with experience. They will win again this year.

Duke has quickly become a one-and-done factory in recent years. Tough to fulfill the student-athlete requirement the fanbase here demands in one year.

Duke has quickly become a one-and-done factory in recent years. Tough to fulfill the student-athlete requirement the fanbase here demands in one year.

These are excuses though.

Grayson Allen, Luke Kennard, Amile Jefferson, Matt Jones.

Some players stay, some go. When you recruit virtually all top 20 guys many will go pro. I would guarantee if we recruited a roster full of Thomas Bryant's and Cody Zellers no one would complain.

To your point they are taking top 10 guys at a historic pace. They are somewhat copying UK model with generally less pushing out the door. For now.

I'd be curious what our fanbases reaction would be if we had UK, Duke, or Kansas recruiting and results. My guess is our fanbase would be all over the bandwagon.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

These are excuses though.

Grayson Allen, Luke Kennard, Amile Jefferson, Matt Jones.

Some players stay, some go. When you recruit virtually all top 20 guys many will go pro. I would guarantee if we recruited a roster full of Thomas Bryant's and Cody Zellers no one would complain.

To your point they are taking top 10 guys at a historic pace. They are somewhat copying UK model with generally less pushing out the door. For now.

I'd be curious what our fanbases reaction would be if we had UK, Duke, or Kansas recruiting and results. My guess is our fanbase would be all over the bandwagon.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I would complain that we need more ball handlers SO THERE!

Who's taking the ball up the court Wayne? Recently defrosted TB clone #3? I don't think so.

17 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Sounds like a lot of people want us to be Indiana, but also want us to recruit like UK and Arizona and Kansas and UNC.

I say we just wait and see what happens with this kid, and maybe we'll all end up with less egg on our face.

People love to complain about the Duke, Kansas, and UK types. The reality is they win and recruit at the highest level. They have their own brand and kids grow up dreaming to play for them, which isn't the case for IU right now. I would love to have their results (less so UK because they are the one school that is almost solely one and dones) and everyone else here would be ecstatic if we brought in the recruits they do. So yes, I would love to be in their shoes. 

22 hours ago, VO5 said:
People love to complain about the Duke, Kansas, and UK types. The reality is they win and recruit at the highest level. They have their own brand and kids grow up dreaming to play for them, which isn't the case for IU right now. I would love to have their results (less so UK because they are the one school that is almost solely one and dones) and everyone else here would be ecstatic if we brought in the recruits they do. So yes, I would love to be in their shoes. 

I think most fanbases are hypocritical. We tout our commitment to the student-athlete, but the second we start recruiting one-and-dones I promise we wouldn't hear another word about it. But I don't think many will agree with that statement. We have a very... proud... fanbase.

I want to win with student athletes, not an NBA developmental team of no degree mercenaries.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

I want to win with student athletes, not an NBA developmental team of no degree mercenaries.

And that is your right. I want IU to be on the national scene every year and winning national championships. I'm not saying we need a full team of one and dones who don't go to class, and that is really only the case of UK. We can take a page from the Duke, Kansas, and Arizona model, where they get a 1nD or 2 every year sprinkled in with top 50 recruits. It's doable for IU imo. We have all the resources and one of best, if not the best, fanbases in the country.

On September 20, 2016 at 4:54 PM, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I think most fanbases are hypocritical. We tout our commitment to the student-athlete, but the second we start recruiting one-and-dones I promise we wouldn't hear another word about it. But I don't think many will agree with that statement. We have a very... proud... fanbase.

I have no issue with a team recruiting 1 and dones. I think myself and others don't like how UK markets it's players on this even when they aren't ready then forces them out into the second round. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

I have no issue with a team recruiting 1 and dones. I think myself and others don't like how UK markets it's players on this even when they aren't ready then forces them out into the second round. 

I don't have an issue with recruiting 1 and dones either, but have sort of come to a revelation over the last couple years. I think if you're going the 1 and done route, you really need to commit to that as a strategy and be able to execute on it. Duke and UK certainly have, as well as Kansas, and maybe Arizona to a lesser extent. But otherwise, I'd prefer IU operate in that borderline 5*/4* space. Where you're still getting McDonald's AA's, but you're getting the lower end ones that typically stay 2-4 years. I think Crean can build a much more consistent winner with guys like Zeller, Yogi, Bryant, and JBJ types, as opposed to Noah Vonleh types. The issue is we need more than one of those guys per class, so that they're 2-4 years on campus overlap for longer. 

When you just dip your toe in the one and done pond (getting 1 every few years), IMO it usually backfires. You get one inconsistent year, and then the guy leaves a huge gap the following year. We saw it with Vonleh, Maryland is probably going to go through it a bit with Stone, and it's happened other places. Without those next one and done's coming every year, it's tough to maintain that strategy. 

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I don't have an issue with 1 and dones, it's the ones where you pervert the system to get them for the one year (has Eric Bledsoe spelled ACT yet?) I don't want.  You need that kind of impact talent on the team to win at the level we should expect.

I really wish we knew, as fans, how he would project out. My biggest concern for 2017-2018 is having another post that can backup or play alongside DD. I don't think Moore is the answer, I don't think less is the answer either.

JMo played at the 5 SOME last season but I don't think we'll be that successful of we're counting on him as the backup 5. Moore could be an excellent stretch 4 in Crean's system after a year or two in the weight room.

Add Wilkes
Add a big
Add Moore
Add a pg