Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) PF Clifton Moore Jr. to IU

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Having fans blow up about something they don't know and "having hell to pay" are different things to me.  If you meant some will question how we lost this recruit, I agree.  I don't think "the powers that be" will be giving the staff hell for not landing Moore.

I never said there would be hell for the staff. I meant for this board. 

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Oh geeze, I don't know. Not many freshmen, even highly ranked ones!

Seems like a ready-made spot for a 20 year old grad transfer, if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

See I think this is Where we find our back up big also. 

After the success of Z and Max I think there's a lot to say about bringing in veteran grads to fill spots on the bench. 

I would love a Maximus 2.0 to transfer to IU for 2017-2018 along with signing one of these lower rated bigs but that's extremely difficult to do.  I know IU has gone after several transfer bigs but has only been able to land one.

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I would love a Maximus 2.0 to transfer to IU for 2017-2018 along with signing one of these lower rated bigs but that's extremely difficult to do.  I know IU has gone after several transfer bigs but has only been able to land one.

Hopefully Max's success will attract others. Plus at this point there's no bigs I would feel comfortable giving a scholarship to other than Gak or Preston. Hopefully if Kansas lands Preston they back off Gak. 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I never said there would be hell for the staff. I meant for this board. 

Maybe a little, maybe some grateful we missed on a lower rated recruit.  I don't think it would be a huge deal if missed on him.  I do believe he has some upside as a stretch 4 that could create mismatches, as long as he could defend the post.

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Maybe a little, maybe some grateful we missed on a lower rated recruit.  I don't think it would be a huge deal if missed on him.  I do believe he has some upside as a stretch 4 that could create mismatches, as long as he could defend the post.

Pap seems to indicate he could. Schooled Williams who while I think is a bit overrated he's no Thon Maker. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Hopefully Max's success will attract others. Plus at this point there's no bigs I would feel comfortable giving a scholarship to other than Gak or Preston. Hopefully if Preston they back off Gak. 

I would feel comfortable with Preston's basketball ability but not being eligible.  Gak would be a solid backup to DD for a year or two.

Great. Tim Priller: Vol. 2

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Won a B1G championship with Tim Priller on the roster. The 13th roster spot really doesn't mean anything as long as you have 9-10 guys capable of providing solid minutes. If he takes over Tim's spot, I think everyone would be happy that our 13th best scholly player is 6'10, can shoot, and moves like a wing. Now, if he is replacing one of the rotation players from this year, then yea that's likely a problem.

4 minutes ago, GnarlyTimGarl said:

A few thoughts on this...

- Don't like the Tim Priller comparison at all. Priller had offers from schools like Incarnate Word. Moore has offers from schools like Ole Miss, Temple and Northwestern (not too different than Anunoby's offer list.) There's a BIG difference there.

- I know he has a list of "final" schools, but don't be surprised if a few more Power 5 schools don't offer him before long. There have been a number of recruits we have been after who have seen an increase in their recruitment after we offered. I'm thinking about guys like Andrew Platek who eventually committed to UNC.

- Brian Snow says he might be one of the rare "sleepers" in this class. That is from an unbiased national recruiting analyst, not a Hoosier fan.

- Limited reports claim he's a good shooter. The Watford comparison has been mentioned. That is the type of player Crean not only covets, but has success with.

- Juwan Morgan was about 205 lbs. when he came here. Anunoby was about 215 lbs. Now they're up to 230 lbs. and 235 lbs. in only ONE year of IU's weight training program. How would your perception of Clifton Moore be if, within a year, he's 6'10-225? All of the sudden, he's got perfect size for a "4." (I understand that such dramatic weight gains are not guaranteed, but we have seen enough success stories in that regard under Crean to believe that such is a possibility.)

I certainly empathize with those of you who are upset that we have spent so much time on some highly ranked recruits only to be denied in the end. That is frustrating and it shows that Crean has missed on plenty of guys. As a fan-base, we would be a whole lot more certain of future success with Top 50 ranked recruits. And we're going to need guys like Tremont Waters and Kris Wilkes in this class to stay near the top of the conference. I certainly won't argue with that But as it has been mentioned before, some of Crean's biggest success stories at IU have been recruiting guys who quickly "blow up" out of nowhere. Hulls, Oladipo, Sheehey, Anunoby, Morgan. Crean can take a guy like Moore and turn him into a good Big Ten basketball player whereas many other coaches cannot (and I consider myself a Crean critic, mind you.) So if Moore is a part of a class that includes Waters, Wilkes and Durham, color me satisfied.

Tim Priller and Jeremiah April were late spring signees who only had low-major offers. That was a good indicator they would not excel on the court at IU. However, I would guarantee you that if Clifton Moore would still be available by this time in April, he'd have a bevy of Power 5 offers. He's already got more than Priller and April ever did.

Just my opinion.

I am going to copy and paste, and quote this post on a regular basis. In about 200 words, you have completely and perfectly summarized the entirety of the issue.

KUDOS, and THANKS!!

8 minutes ago, GnarlyTimGarl said:

A few thoughts on this...

- Don't like the Tim Priller comparison at all. Priller had offers from schools like Incarnate Word. Moore has offers from schools like Ole Miss, Temple and Northwestern (not too different than Anunoby's offer list.) There's a BIG difference there.

- I know he has a list of "final" schools, but don't be surprised if a few more Power 5 schools don't offer him before long. There have been a number of recruits we have been after who have seen an increase in their recruitment after we offered. I'm thinking about guys like Andrew Platek who eventually committed to UNC.

- Brian Snow says he might be one of the rare "sleepers" in this class. That is from an unbiased national recruiting analyst, not a Hoosier fan.

- Limited reports claim he's a good shooter. The Watford comparison has been mentioned. That is the type of player Crean not only covets, but has success with.

- Juwan Morgan was about 205 lbs. when he came here. Anunoby was about 215 lbs. Now they're up to 230 lbs. and 235 lbs. in only ONE year of IU's weight training program. How would your perception of Clifton Moore be if, within a year, he's 6'10-225? All of the sudden, he's got perfect size for a "4." (I understand that such dramatic weight gains are not guaranteed, but we have seen enough success stories in that regard under Crean to believe that such is a possibility.)

I certainly empathize with those of you who are upset that we have spent so much time on some highly ranked recruits only to be denied in the end. That is frustrating and it shows that Crean has missed on plenty of guys. As a fan-base, we would be a whole lot more certain of future success with Top 50 ranked recruits. And we're going to need guys like Tremont Waters and Kris Wilkes in this class to stay near the top of the conference. I certainly won't argue with that But as it has been mentioned before, some of Crean's biggest success stories at IU have been recruiting guys who quickly "blow up" out of nowhere. Hulls, Oladipo, Sheehey, Anunoby, Morgan. Crean can take a guy like Moore and turn him into a good Big Ten basketball player whereas many other coaches cannot (and I consider myself a Crean critic, mind you.) So if Moore is a part of a class that includes Waters, Wilkes and Durham, color me satisfied.

Tim Priller and Jeremiah April were late spring signees who only had low-major offers. That was a good indicator they would not excel on the court at IU. However, I would guarantee you that if Clifton Moore would still be available by this time in April, he'd have a bevy of Power 5 offers. He's already got more than Priller and April ever did.

Just my opinion.

Logic, exactly.