Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) PF Clifton Moore Jr. to IU

Well, this is certainly a quick romance ala slam bam thank you maam!

2017 Hatboro-Horsham (PA) forward Clifton Moore was offered by Indiana tonight. He will be cutting his list to 5 this weekend.

The source of the tweet covers St. Joseph's University for Scout

5 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

Looks like he can play the post, as well, from that video above.

For those completely perplexed by the offer...I offer you this..

About 5 years ago my good friend (who I've talked about here before) who is pretty plugged into Georgetown was telling me about this kid. I remember him saying " I think the staff is going all in on this kid from from Missouri who no one knows about. Like all in." I also remember thinking, "ha no one knows about him because no one needs to know about him. Kids don't slip through cracks nowadays." 

I thought for sure you were telling an OG Anunoby story, right through the small-town Missouri roots, until you got to the Otto Porter conclusion. So that's two examples of this happening. 

Don't get me wrong, if I had a choice between Clifton Moore Jr and Bamba it would be no contest, but open mind? 

Can do.

30 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

“He had 20 and 12 against Malik,” Michels said. “I think he’s better than Malik. That’s my personal opinion, but I’m partial.”

Three years earlier:... "Tim Priller had 20 and 12 against LeBron James,” Michels said. “I think he’s better than LeBron. That’s my personal opinion, but I’m partial.”

^^Not to question this coach's credibilty, but that's not the first time he's said this^^

From a new 247 article:

• Moore is taking an official visit to Ole Miss on Sept. 24, and will likely visit Indiana and Northwestern (in one order or another) the two weekends after that.
  • Michels said Moore is much more of an outside player than a true big man, and would fit into a collegiate program that plays quickly and doesn't need him in the paint. That's part of what makes Ole Miss attractive, that "they don't have anything like him," Michels said. Moore still doesn't know much about Indiana and only just met Crean on Thursday night, but the mystique of the program is already attractive to him.
  • "The whole thing of Indiana is intriguing," Michels said. "It's one of those places that it's just intriguing because of who it is. Whether it ends up being a fit in the long run, I don't know, but it's something that I think intrigues him because it's Indiana."

I'm sorry but for me personally, if he's not a post player I'd say no thanks. We have enough guards and wings as it is. If Thomas leaves we'll have 1 big on the roster. 

I'm sorry but for me personally, if he's not a post player I'd say no thanks. We have enough guards and wings as it is. If Thomas leaves we'll have 1 big on the roster. 

Not a post scorer.

At 6'11", he'd better be a post defender.

Good point. We are potentially losing TB, CH, and OG up front.

If he is 1 of our "bigs", we will surely need another true big.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not a post scorer.

At 6'11", he'd better be a post defender.

Very true. But I don't want our backup 5 thinking he's a wing player on offense either. We need someone besides DD in the post

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Good point. We are potentially losing TB, CH, and OG up front.

If he is 1 of our "bigs", we will surely need another true big.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Exactly. If we get say, a Richards or Gak, sure take a player like him. But if we can't get another big I don't see the need

1 hour ago, VO5 said:
Exactly. If we get say, a Richards or Gak, sure take a player like him. But if we can't get another big I don't see the need

Gak is most certainly not a big bodied post at this point either. Gak is the same height/weight as Moore.

Manley is the closest to a "true big" in frame.

Not so much, but when I don't see much upside I tend to be quieter.

I am pretty quiet on Gak.
I am pretty quiet on Gelon.
I am pretty quiet on Devonte Green.

For me? Gak is like Moore without a jump shot or a too skinny Manley, or Perea's game on a high character kid.