Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

NCAA investigation of Nebraska underway.  With the NCAA's typical response time, we should know the outcome by 2030 by which time the NCAA may no longer exist.

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Scott-Frost-Nebraska-under-investigation-NCAA-violations-improper-use-analysts-consultants-practices-games-special-teams-169291177/

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

NCAA investigation of Nebraska underway.  With the NCAA's typical response time, we should know the outcome by 2030 by which time the NCAA may no longer exist.

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Scott-Frost-Nebraska-under-investigation-NCAA-violations-improper-use-analysts-consultants-practices-games-special-teams-169291177/

Nebraska Coach Scott Frost is also reportedly under an extensive Nebraska internal investigation for greatly sucking as a football coach.  ;)

Unlike with the NCAA investigation, it is likely that there will be a quick and comprehensive confirmation of the allegations.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Nebraska Coach Scott Frost is also reportedly under an extensive Nebraska internal investigation for greatly sucking as a football coach.

Unlike with the NCAA investigation, it is likely that there will be a quick and comprehensive confirmation of the allegations.

Inside job? Fire his sorry @$$ without compensation? Hmmmm…..

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Nebraska sucks and they’re getting busted for something that you only get in trouble for if someone wants you in trouble. Buhbye, Frosty. 

Would’ve thought Frost was 1 of those guys who would be given all the latitude in the world and be really tough to fire. He must be an even bigger creep up close than he seems to be from a distance. 

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Ha...They are investigating him for the illegal use of analysts and consultants. On behalf of all Big Ten teams I am 100% ok with him continuing to use those same resources (legal or not).

2 hours ago, kreigh8 said:

Doubt this is what the administration envisioned when they fired Pelini when he was only winning 9 games a season. Hate to see it

Just crazy.

Frosts three years...4 wins, 5 wins, 3 wins.

Pelini lasted 7 years. Won 10 games 3 times and 9 games 4 times and then gets fired.....OOPS.

My wife, who loves college football in general and puts up with my fandom for IUFB, just asked me to send her "that LEO video" so she could share it with a group of women in her MOPS group. Just watched it again...performance aside, how we ever lose a recruiting battle is beyond me. Too bad we couldn't get a guy as accomplished as Jeff Brohm.... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJgut10EwOw

3 hours ago, IU-DL said:

My wife, who loves college football in general and puts up with my fandom for IUFB, just asked me to send her "that LEO video" so she could share it with a group of women in her MOPS group. Just watched it again...performance aside, how we ever lose a recruiting battle is beyond me. Too bad we couldn't get a guy as accomplished as Jeff Brohm.... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJgut10EwOw

Dammit I would run through a wall for this man! 

FYI for anyone planning to make the Sept. 4, road trip to Iowa City.  Mayor Bruce Teague has issued a mask order for all residents and visitors of Iowa City, due to the continued spread of the COVID-19 Delta variant in our community.

https://www.icgov.org/news/mayor-issues-new-mask-order-city-iowa-city

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Nicole Auerbach @NicoleAuerbach

The Big Ten, Pac-12 and ACC are expected to make a formal announcement about their alignment soon, perhaps as early as next week, multiple sources told @TheAthletic

I wonder if this "alliance" includes an agreement not to poach members from each other? Assuming ND is under the ACC umbrella there aren't many (any?) desirable schools left. So if those three have some kind of firewall against more conference shenanigans that could put a halt to the "super conference' nonsense. Clemson or someone could always look to jump to the SEC, I suppose.

Would also be interesting if part of this alignment froze out non-con games against the SEC. Let them play Fla Atlantic and Tulsa.  

3 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I wonder if this "alliance" includes an agreement not to poach members from each other? Assuming ND is under the ACC umbrella there aren't many (any?) desirable schools left. So if those three have some kind of firewall against more conference shenanigans that could put a halt to the "super conference' nonsense. Clemson or someone could always look to jump to the SEC, I suppose.

Would also be interesting if part of this alignment froze out non-con games against the SEC. Let them play Fla Atlantic and Tulsa.  

Limiting the non-conference opponents would be counterintuitive to boosting SOS though, no? Until the playoffs are expanded that would seem unwise, at least to me. I've admittedly haven't followed the expansion talks too closely, but playing the Pac-12, outside of a school or two wouldn't exactly shine on the resume. ACC is sort of the same way until Florida St can return to its normal self, Clemson and ND and UNC every so often are the marquee opponents.

15 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Limiting the non-conference opponents would be counterintuitive to boosting SOS though, no? Until the playoffs are expanded that would seem unwise, at least to me. I've admittedly haven't followed the expansion talks too closely, but playing the Pac-12, outside of a school or two wouldn't exactly shine on the resume. ACC is sort of the same way until Florida St can return to its normal self, Clemson and ND and UNC every so often are the marquee opponents.

I doubt anything like that would actually happen, was just surmising that it would be cool if, to paraphrase that poet of the ages Justin Bieber, everyone else told the the SEC to go "love" themselves. Let them play 12 conference games. 

B1G's COVID policy for all sports.

The league announced on Monday morning teams that cannot play a game due to COVID-19 must forfeit the contest and such games will not be rescheduled.  The rule applies to all sports for the 2021-22 athletic year and is similar to the approach being used by other major conferences.

[However, I believe the period that ends the very last sentence of the policy:  "...no further action shall be taken."   is actually a microdot that says this policy does not apply to Ohio State.]

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/big-ten-teams-unable-to-play-a-2021-22-game-due-to-covid-19-must-forfeit-and-cannot-reschedule/?fbclid=IwAR0eNyCuStQbowqrciUQOFeCUIVl_jzCSEAOjwIcSLPZLGniT6ZBRzzd7Ew

19 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

B1G's COVID policy for all sports.

The league announced on Monday morning teams that cannot play a game due to COVID-19 must forfeit the contest and such games will not be rescheduled.  The rule applies to all sports for the 2021-22 athletic year and is similar to the approach being used by other major conferences.

[However, I believe the period that ends the very last sentence of the policy:  "...no further action shall be taken."   is actually a microdot that says this policy does not apply to Ohio State.]

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/big-ten-teams-unable-to-play-a-2021-22-game-due-to-covid-19-must-forfeit-and-cannot-reschedule/?fbclid=IwAR0eNyCuStQbowqrciUQOFeCUIVl_jzCSEAOjwIcSLPZLGniT6ZBRzzd7Ew

I zoomed in on that microdot:

Untitled.png