Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

Michigan State hasn't named a QB? So both are bad. Thorne was the guy who came in last year when we shut them out. Just looked like the typical athlete you don't want throwing the ball more than 10 yards down the field. 

The announcers have now mentioned both Va Tech’s and UNC’s histories of producing great rb’s and the examples they bust out are….Lee Suggs and Natrone Means. What’s it been, 20, 25 years since those guys were in college?

Fascinating commentary. UNC is ranked 10 and if you listen to these guys you’d think they are godawful and Sam Howell is Archie Manning playing for the Saints.

26 minutes ago, Josh said:

It's so weird cheering for teams ranked ahead of IU football to lose so that we can move up.  This is not a feeling I've ever known before.  Go VA Tech!

Poof!
Your wish is granted. 

7 minutes ago, Demo said:

Fascinating commentary. UNC is ranked 10 and if you listen to these guys you’d think they are godawful and Sam Howell is Archie Manning playing for the Saints.

I mean to be fair the rest of UNC looks really bad. He has like one guy to throw the ball to. His line is bad, and his running back is just a dude

4 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

I mean to be fair the rest of UNC looks really bad. He has like one guy to throw the ball to. His line is bad, and his running back is just a dude

I think they’re probably mediocre. We’ll see. But calling out the TE for not catching a swing pass that Howell released while his back was still turned and put over the wrong shoulder and not even mentioning the terrible decision on the game ending int screams,”We’ve got a narrative and we’re goin’ with it.”

UNC has been one of the more overrated programs in the country since Mack got there. Former co-workers looking out for their guy I guess. Beat up on the crap ACC, get thumped by Clemson, rinse, repeat. 

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Western Michigan is no joke. Beware of the best of the MAC.

Michigan better play well at home, or there’s gonna be a real chance of an upset.

Kaleb Eleby was a HS friend of my daughter. Met him a couple of times, nice kid. Had what I understood to be a committable Iowa St offer. On track to graduate this year. You look at the QB’s schools like  Wisky and UM and Notre Dame are rolling out and I would think he would be a huge grad transfer get for a big time program.

56 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Early takeaways. Clifford still sucks. Mertz is gonna ride that first game against Illinois all the way to being picked in the 7th round

Penn St. defense looks legit - lots of grown men, that's going to be a tough match up in a few weeks.