Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Troy Williams Decision

So this conversation is happening in a few different threads and I figured I'd consolidate it to one. If it continues in all the others, so be it. Obviously, this has a pretty big impact on the 2016-2017 Hoosiers. Does Troy leave or stay?

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account ‏@WojVerticalNBA  7h7 hours ago

Indiana junior forward Troy Williams will enter the 2016 NBA draft without immediately hiring an agent, league sources tell @TheVertical.

I think a lot of people are underestimating how important he is to the team. He had some bad moments for sure, but he was the best player on the court at times. 

He can't be a 50/50 guy when it comes to bad/good. And too many times it was all bad and no good. He went pretty good stretch where he was honestly just terrible. He needs more consistency.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

I think he goes and he has the tools to improve his stock dramatically in the draft tryouts. I look for him to move up and eventually sneak into the last of the first round. I think he's not ready, but he is right to be concerned about going into the draft as a senior. Usually if you have what it takes you go before your senior year. He would definitely improve if he stayed, but GM'S typically take off of potential. He has tons of it!

Just now, Bowhunter said:

I think he goes and he has the tools to improve his stock dramatically in the draft tryouts. I look for him to move up and eventually sneak into the last of the first round. I think he's not ready, but he is right to be concerned about going into the draft as a senior. He would definitely improve if he stayed, but GM'S typically take off of potential. He has tons of it!

Spot on

This year several Junior/Seniors helped themselves by staying though.

Valentine, Hield, Dunn, Brice Johnson, Demetrius Jackson.

Then again, some good players are just not seen as high NBA material and don't rise for whatever reason. ( Hammons, Perry Ellis, Brogdon, Gbinije, Cat Barber, Yogi Ferrell, etc).

According to his behavior out around Bloomington at night and his most recent Instagram post, I'd say he's banking on the NBA.

Troy has a number of things to work on before being a third string on an NBA team. Summer workouts will be here before you know it and the deadline to go back to college will also be here before you know it.

Troy better be in the gym night and day if he wants to earn a guaranteed contract. At this point, he will be making 13K a year next year in the D-League.. And I'm not even sure about that.

College > 13K a year

What could've been for Troy. I don't think there's any way he's back next year. It's seemed to me like he's had a foot out the door since his sophomore year. He's got all the potential in the world, but potential only gets you so far. The most important thing he can improve on is what goes on between his ears. Hopefully he figures out what he wants and listens to the right people. If he doesn't, he's never laughing to the bank with anything but a D League check.