Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MartintheMopMan

(5) Indiana v. (1) UNC - Pregame Thread

ESPN has an article where they ranked the remaining 16 teams. NC was #1 and we were #7. What I found interesting is that they had Wisconsin #14 and ND #16. I hate looking ahead, but a great opportunity awaits if we get past Friday.

I don't care what they are ranked Wisconsin scares the heck out of me and notre dame won't be easy to beat twice in a row

Reading some UNC message boards and it's crazy just how much more knowledge and class that fanbase has over UKs.

Tell me about it.

No more "UK by 20"

"Williams they best player, shut him down and cats by 20, maybe 30"

"youre team is a cake walk for us"

and yes, i did see "youre" like that haha. 

Still some stupid comments. People pretending that college and pro ball aren't different. They don't know who OG is but are confident we can't do anything to stop them defensively.

At UNC, college and pro ball aren't much different.  Neither have to take classes

Read a few of their threads on the scout board and not much mention of Max who I think will be a major X factor in this game and drawing their bigs out from the basket to open up the driving lanes for Yogi.

I seen a couple about max but it was just that he is not athletic and their bigs will have no trouble with him

Do we back off crashing the O-boards so hard this game to get back on D? The rebounding game will be huge in general but getting back on D will be crucial as well.

Double in the post and make them make outside shots?

If we're making threes and have a similar performance on the boards and TOs as we had against UK, should be a great game and a winnable one for these Hoosiers.

We're winning games in multiple ways....that's a dangerous team come late March.

Do we back off crashing the O-boards so hard this game to get back on D? The rebounding game will be huge in general but getting back on D will be crucial as well.

Double in the post and make them make outside shots?

If we're making threes and have a similar performance on the boards and TOs as we had against UK, should be a great game and a winnable one for these Hoosiers.

We're winning games in multiple ways....that's a dangerous team come late March.

I'd say maybe have OG crashing for offensive boards while everybody else falls back then OG just guards the furthest guy back since he's so versatile.

Time for everyone in the nation to know who Nick Zeisloft is.

We so badly need him or someone else to step up in a big way and go like 5/6 from behind the arc.  I really hope our 3s are falling, it'll be tough to win 2 games in a row when you're not shooting so great.

All the usual hustle factors aside...

I believe my prediction about imposing defensive will on the other team turning out to be the factor in the Kentucky game proved correct.

What will be the difference in this one? Who makes the shots and who doesn't! If we have our shooting shoes on, we will win.